Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not good news - OLD POST

Hi ladies

Unfortunately Friday's HCG results weren't good news. It has increased but only from 2063 to 2758...no where near enough. I have a scan on Thursday at EPU, but I know it's over. How can it not be with those results?

I am devestated.

I am so angry at everything that's happened this last 10 days and at my Drs for not listening about the progesterone or other things. 'Just try again' they said....well look how that turned out. I am so pissed off.

I can't believe this is happening AGAIN. 4 times in 10 months.

Obviously there is something wrong for it to keep going wrong around this stage.

I tried so hard to be positive....and this is what I get.

Sorry for ranting ladies. I don't know what to do.

:cry::cry::cry:

[Modified by: NattyNik on 30 September 2009 10:24:26 ]

Replies

• Oh Nic, I'm so sorry to hear this. Im keeping everything crossed for you, try to keep your pma up hun. I will be thinking about you, sending you lots of hugs.
    Katie xxx
  • Oh no NN i am soo sooo sorry to read this!

No one deserves this more than you and things had looked so promising this time as well!

i know theres not much i can say (i wont patronise you and say keep up the PMA cause i understand that thats pushing it in your situation!)

things might not look good but as they say its not over til its over and you may just have a wee fighting bean in there!

(((((((((HUGS))))))

I have everything crossed for you and some good news!

Lxx

Here's me feeling so sorry for myself as well (first at thinking af arrived, then at getting repeated BFNs depsite spotting going away so it looks like i havt ovulated!) and all my posts about struggling to carry on and here you are having such a tough time again it puts things into perspective a little
  • Hi NN
    just wanted to say so sorry to read your post, was really hoping it was going ok - will keep fingers crossed for thurs anyway
    all the best
    daisyx
  • Thank you ladies...your words really mean a lot to me.

I don't know what to think right now...I've had no pain or bleeding and no more discharge...but I know it could all just be a matter of time.

I want to keep believing it might just be ok, but I don't know.... :cry:

Lauz - we're all in horrible situations and I wish none of us were going through this and I could take all your pain away. Together we will get through this - thank goodness for this forum.

Love NN xxx
  • Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry to read this and so pissed off on your behlaf with the docs. What did they say at the appt today? Did they say that the signs were not good or that there was still a chance?

I had exactly the same thing with Recurrent MC clinic, when I had my consultation the Doc said we would try progesterone next time I fell pregnant. So when I did I rang and asked about how to go about it, they said he hadn't written it in my notes so they weren't going to offer it. I had a right old rant about how I was taking bloody aspirin when those results had come back ok , so why could I not have progesterone? They said if you miscarry then perhaps next time. WTF?? Do they have NO idea what we go through?

I think it may come down to a cost issue which is appalling. My friend is taking it and her prescription is over ??100 every time, I think that's why they refuse some people and prescribe to others. But that is simply unfair, this is the most painful emotional matter and cananot be handled in this way.

All I can do is send love and hugs and all my support that perhaps, just maybe this is not going to happen to you again. I am praying with all my heart that all will be well, sweetheart. Am always on email if you need me. Can't imagine how upset you must be right now, I wish I could take it all away for you. xxx
  • Oh hun I am so sorry. I am gutted for you! I don't really know what to say just want to let you know I am thinking of you and OH.
  • so sorry to hear about your worry. I think we can all empathise with the agonising waiting saga, but it sounds like you've had more than your fair share of it. I don't mean to falsely raise you hopes but when I found out my HCG's weren't doubling the medical staff did try to tell me 10-15% of pregnancies don't show the expected rise but end well. Sadly mine didn't turn out well, but I hope the outcome is different for you.
    Thinking of you xx
  • NN im not gona repeat what the others have said, just want you to know im thinking of you & keeping everything crossed you deserve a sticky bean more than anyone I know xxxx
  • Oh NN this is terrible news.
    I don't really know anything appropriate to say to help, but am so sorry you're suffering and having to wait til Thurs to get any answers.
    Remember it's not over til it's over and I have EVERYTHING croosed for you.
    It's so unfair that you're having such a sh*t time when you of all people deserve a h&h and STRESS FREE 9 months
    Sending lots of love xxxx
  • NN im so sorry & not sure anything i will say would make you feel better. I hope things improve & will be thinking & praying for all to be good.
    Take care
    Annette xxx
  • I'm so sorry to read this NN, I really hope things turn out ok on Thursday.
  • Just to echo what everyone else has said - i really am very very sorry about this and really hope that there is some other explanation.
    take care of yourself and i will be thinking about you on thursday.
    kristen xx
  • Thank you for your much needed support and kind words - it really does help.

I have been doing nothing but researching online the last few hours...trying to find some tiny thread of hope. After the nurse rung I just cried and cried and cried....now I keep thinking 'but what if'....I don't know if I'm just kidding myself and being stupid or what.

My HCG only went up 35% in 48 hours when it should have doubled in 48 - 92 hours. But I don't know if it goes up steadily each day or if it could still have doubled by the 92 hours?

I've also read a bit about 'vanishing twin syndrome'. I know I am clutching at straws here...but what else can I do? My levels were well above average the first 2 days they tested....so what if it was twins and one died and got reabsorbed? My levels did still rise after all...

But the nurse I spoke too was being completely useless and said there was no point doing any more tests as it was over 3 days since my last one image I wasn't thinking straight on the phone but since having time to think about it have decided I am going to ring back tomorrow and demand that they keep testing my HCG. What harm can it do? At least we'd know if it's going down now or still increasing but slowly.

I know I am clutching at straws... :cry:

Anyway, sorry for rambling on and thanks again.

Love NN xxx
  • Hi NN,

Am so sorry to read your post. Just want you to know that I am thinking of you. I really hope it works out.

Love,
    Edie xxx
  • Hi NN

I'm sitting here and can't beleive what I'm reading hun. I'm so so sorry.
    I have every finger and toe crossed that your bean is a sticky one!

I agree, demand the additional tests tomorrow! If they say no, then call your GP and demand more tests.

I hate the fact that these doctors and nurses think that we should just get on with it and try again.....don't they realise what it's like for us?

I'll say a little prayer for you and your little bean tonight.
    I truly hope that everything works out ok and you go on to have a beautiful healthy happy pregnancy.

Sending you lots and lots of hugs.

Nadine
  • Oh hon, i know this must be awful for you, On the one hand we want to be carefully managed on the other hand all the extra info is so scarey.

Sorry dont want to say the wrong thing, but is there any chance that the numbers just might be taking a tad longer to double. I know when mine didnt double the doc's didnt seem overly concerned, and said it doesnt always double for everybody, like you said might take more like 36 hours.

The other positive is youve had no heavy bleed, if this was your first pregnancy you wouldnt be having al the tests and therefore wouldnt know about the risks, so maybe it might correct itself? i know this doesnt help you know.

Oh sweetie, i feel so much for you, your good news meant so much to us on on here, you are in everybodys thoughts. Sending you heaps of love and sticky dust,

Gem x
  • Oh hun I am sat here in tears for you. I am so so sorry this is happening to you again. Maybe you should make a complaint about the nurse or the surgery or swap surgerys if that is an option. LIfe is so cruel, I was sitting here wallowing in my own self pity then I log on and read this and realise I haven't had it so bad afterall. I know I can say nothing to help so I am not going to try but I will send you a big hug and make sure you know that I am always here or on the email if you need me xxx take care hunie xx
  • Hi hon.

after our emails today i just had to come on & see if there was anymore news.

My sister's sil was pregnant was twins & lost one, if you like i can ask her about her HCG levels?

You know i'm thinking of & praying for you, im not much of a prayer, but you so dont deserve all this pain image

KJ. x
  • I am so so sorry to come on tonight and see your post, I have been thinking of you all weekend. I know how awful the waiting is and I'm sure it gets harder each time for you.

I don't really know what to say except I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I would absolutely call the doctors again tomorrow and insist that they continue to monitor your HCG levels, As you said, it may just be rising slowly and things could pick up again for you.

I know this is easy to say but keep positive, no pain and bleeding is a great sign and you had such good initial rises

Really thinking of you both this evening
    With love
    xxx
  • Hi NN

I rarely get time to post on here but have been following your story and was so pleased to hear you got a BFP.

I just wanted to say, please don't give up hope. When I had my miscarriage last year, I was told that HCG results can fluctuate quite dramatically in the early days - doubling every 48 hours is only a general rule but yours were already high anyway so were unlikely to continue increasing at this rate.

When I miscarried at approx 6/7 weeks, mine were lower than this and even then the nurse told me that miscarriage wasn't inevitable - some pg's just take a bit longer to pick up speed if you like. Someone on here posted a website which shows you how HCG levels in early pregnancy differ and some women had suprisingly low levels who then went on to have healthy babies (can't remember what it was called now).

The difficult thing is to try and keep positive - I know it must be really hard as you have been down this road lots of times before but if you weren't having your levels checked then you would be none the wiser as to how they are fluctuating in this early stage - having too much info can sometimes drive you mad (and unfortunately I speak from experience!!)

You have to hold on to the fact that you got REALLY strong BFP lines when you took the test which is always a good sign (my +ve pregnancy test lines were quite weak when I miscarried and only showed up strong like the ones in your pic when I got pg this time - am now 23 weeks).

We are all really praying that it will turn out well for you. You just have try and believe that things will be okay this time around - there is no reason why this shouldn't be your time.
    xxxxxx