Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I being over sensitive?

Hello

I stopped going to see my Gran about 5 weeks ago as I was ready to snap at her. My cousin is pregnant and I should be 4 weeks further on than her, but lost my bean before xmas. Anyway, my Gran kept making comments like 'oh you should see how big her belly is getting' & 'she's really showing now', and all I wanted to say was 'I don't give a f**k how much baby weight she is putting on, it's the last thing on my mind right now and I couldn't care less', and if I 'm honest I still feel like that, I really don't care at all how big her belly is or even have the remotest interest in her pregnancy at all, if I never heard about it again I'd be more than happy.

Am I being silly and selfish? I just can't help thinking 'I don't give a f**k about her pregnancy'. Should I go to my Grans again and see if she says anything then tell her (politely) that I actually have no interest as although she may have forgotten that I lost my baby, I haven't. She is fully aware that I lost the baby and I thought she might have a bit more sensitivety.

Sorry to rant.

Sam
xxx

[Modified by: Sammi and Harrison on 24 February 2010 20:55:00 ]

Replies

• Options
    Don't apologise sweetie, unfortunetly some people really don't get it, and I really do believe that unless they've been through it they never really will.

I donlt think you're being over sensitive at all, nor do I think you're being silly or selfish, I just think you're understandably upset with what happenned with you.

I would still go and visit your gran, but if she satrts talking to you about your cousin, politley remind her of your loss and say that you're not ready to discuss other people's pregnancies just yet.

Sending you lots of hugs

xxx
  • Options
    Unfortunately some people are quite blas???? about miscarriage. Yes we know it's quite common but it doesn't make it any less painful.

The worst offenders are old people and health professionals who come into contact with mc daily. They become numb and get too -matter of fact' about it.

I honestly and firmly believe the ONLY people who can truly empathise and understand are those who've experienced it for themselves.

Sorry for your loss and I think like rainbow said, you should have a polite chat to your gran and tell her how painful it is to be constantly updated with progress reports about your cousin. I hope she understands. Lots of love xxx