Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need advice - posted in TTC as well

OK girls, need advice! After an mmc in July I tested on 13th August and got a BFN - not even a tiny hint of a line. I was relieved I wasn't still showing my bfp. But I've just been an idiot - I'm at a wedding on tuesday and wanted to know if I was allowed to drink or not. So I bought a dirt cheap couple of tests in the pound shop instead of using my asda ones, and purposefully tested this afternoon as hubby is away until tomorrow night and I didn't want him to think I was being stupid for testing... or wasting money!!

A faint line came up on the cheapie, and I convinced myself it was one of those stupid lines that isnt a bfp but appears where the line should be, if you follow me?! So I used an asda one and the line came up within 30 seconds - BFP!!! It can't possibly be the baby I lost as I tested before and it was BFN!! OMG!!! BUT hubby has always said he would hate me testing without him - I had no symptoms other than a slightly bloated tummy (thought it was lead up to af) so didn't think it would be anything else... I'm so scared and shaking!!! Anyway, do I tell him that I tested, or do I try not to say anything then test Sunday morning when he's back?! I hate lying to him but I know he will be gutted that he wasn't here with me!!!

I don't know what to do!!! I should be excited but I'm soooo scared... I didn't expect it to happen so soon, have no idea on my dates at all, haven't had af since 23rd April!!! EEK!!!! HELP!!!!

Replies

• Whispers congratualations! I'm not sure what is best to do hun...if your OH willbe really mad is it worth keeping it a secret and then test on Sunday and then celebrate the great news with him. Ultimately do you want your BFP news to be tainted by him being in a grump with you for ntesting without him? If ther answer is no then I'd keep stum and test Suday. Good luck x
  • again, a whispered congratulations! I would keep the first test a secret and do another with him on Sunday. I dont see any harm in it. Soo happy for you both xx
  • I agree with Tashelby, just do a test and say as you feel a bit strange and then you can do a dance of excitement together image well done xxxxx
  • Maybe just tell him the truth, as you do not want to start a little lie that could escalate? You could just say that you did the cheapy test just-in-case and never thought that it would be positive, and its just a tiny line, so might not be BFP, then do a CB test together in a few days when you will get a massive BFP!

Thats just how I would handle it, as I'm rubbish at lying and have made the mistake of starting a little lie, then getting caught out and looking bad image
  • Thanks ladies - I had decided to wait and test sunday and pretend I hadnt tested before, but now it looks as though he's not coming home until sunday night! Maybe I should test in the morning then show him it when he gets home and pretend thats the first test.
    Oh I don't know!! Did another test last night before bed and even then it showed a faint bfp, and another this morning (as I cant believe it!) and its soooo strong a line!!

Love the idea of the dance of excitement though wonderwoman image xx
  • Well I've just spoken to him on the phone and half lied, half told the truth - told him I'd tested this morning cos of the wedding with a cheapie and got a faint positive... its actually the test I did at midnight last night and got a faint positive on!!!

Said I need to do a proper test to be certain, so he's coming home tonight (will be very late though) and we're testing in the morning. Have a christening tomorrow as well, so lots of babies!!

Have seen a friend and my sister today, seeing my mam and my best friend later and struggling to keep it quiet!! Hubby kept asking if it could possibly be Button, but told him no.

So we're testing in the morning to 'find out for certain' lol. He said if I hadn't of told him and tested in the morning anyway he would never have known so he wouldn't have been upset! Hehe. So kept the other 3(!!!) tests quiet.
    Can't stop shaking...
  • Well done, well handled...so excited for you, dont dance too vigourously thou just a little shimmy lol xxxx
  • hehe what you like! I am happy for you, enjoy doing your test with him!
    xx
  • I think thats the most diplomatic way to deal with it! They just don't get the crazy-obsessive testing thing, do they?! Good luck, so happy for you xx
  • ohh congratulations hun...and well handled with the testing with OH truth/ lie xx
  • Congratulations sweetie. Zxx
  • Congratulations.
    It's really funny you saying about you're husband, mine knows i cant help myself. But i still do the test without telling him, because i too feel abit silly sometimes.
    But at the same time i dont want to get his hopes up, plus he'd only feel bad for me.

So sometimes it's ok to do something just for yourself.

I'm really pleased for you image