Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I feel like a prize bitch

2»

Replies

• Options
    Oh I'm feeling your pain.

I think th ebest thing to do is force yourself to visit MIL before christmas (for an hour!). If there is any talk of the mc I would just say very firmly that you don't want to discuss it-at all.

I get the impression that no amount of explanation is going to sink in here! x x x
  • Options
    Mafia, you are totally right. It's a bit like talking to brick wall with her. I have in fact already had to circumvent a number of possible mc conversations - luckily so far she has taken the hint. But yes you're right, if she did actually mention the m-word I would tell her I didn't want to discuss it.

My mum has come up with a good one. She said that if on Chrimbo day they go on and on about the pregnancy then I should keep refer to having miscarried!! Not sure if I would do that (wouldn't want to upset my sil to be honest) but the thought of it made me feel better. Perhaps I will hold it in reserve for an emergency.

• Options
    I know that things with families can be difficult. I was in a similar situation with my mum. She thinks that she knows everything because she has had "three children" and a week after my ERPC she told me to pull myself together and then reeled off names of all the people that she knew that have had a mc, How does she think that is going to help?? My mum kind of has a just get on with it attitude about most things and i am still a firm believer that if you haven't been through this awful situation then you will not fully understand how people feel, which is why i think that it is awful that your MIL is not giving you any space!

Jam a sprout in her mouth and tell her to button it if she carries on pestering on xmas day!!! Or having drinking game that everytime the pregnancy is mentioned have a large gulp of wine! (see, my first plan is evolving!!)

Jodie xx
  • Options
    I could kick her under the table every tome she mentions it!! :lol: