Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

why is this happening to me again!Update again

Replies

• Hi honey - all you can do is wait then but if there is no bleeding its a good sign, like Laujai says maybe the hormone is just slow to increase Keep us updated and remember we are all here for you
    XX
  • Thanks everyone your support is amazing
    I have decided to go to the doctors tomorrow and insist on a blood test. Maybe with this being the 2nd time the doc will be abit more supportive and allow for more investigation.
    I just feel so sad and scared but I need to know one way or the other.
    I will let you know how I get on
    xx
  • Oh honey I am so sorry to hear your news. Do doctors investigate chem pregnancies? Do you think it would be worth asking? It might help you feel better in that if they investigate you may find some answers and some closure.

Remember that we are all here for you and feel free to rant and rave as much as you like.

xxSara
  • Mrs C I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow xx
  • Mrs C Ill be logging on all day - Im thinking of you X
  • waiting for an update mrs.C, fingers crossed for a shy bean! *hugs*
  • Really thinking of you, how are you getting on? x x x
  • Morning Ladies
    Sorry I didnt get on here yesterday, when I got into work our servers where down so didnt have internet all day.
    Well I managed to get an appointment at the doctors after being cut off 8 times by the receptionist, when I finally got back through they only had an appointment with a male nurse but I didnt care as long as he could deal with my issue and I was assured he could so off I went. I have never meet a bigger numpty in all my life, I got so mad with him! I told him what was happening and that I had a BFN but still no bleeding, all he seemed to want to discuss was his rumbling belly!!.
    I asked for a blood test and his response was NO! He said they dont do blood tests anymore because they have to call the lab to plead with them to do it -what a load of bull! Gave me the old speal of miscarriages and statistics blah blah blah! Then he said that even pregnant women can get a BFN right before they are due to give birth ermmmm that might be because you would have stopped producing HGC by that point, even I know this!!!
    I was just made to feel completely stupid and left the surgery non the wiser! He said he would have to speak to my doctor as he wasn't sure what to do with me (well if I had actually got an appointment with my doc in the 1st place)
    He called me back a few hours later to say that my doc had said I was to wait and see what happens, give it 2 weeks and do another pregnancy test! Then he came out with an absolute gem and told me that you can actually think yourself out of having a period!!!!! WTF !! So i'm lead to believe this is all in my head!
    I am so mad that I have not been taken seriously and fobbed off again! The only good thing is that at least it is documented in the notes now incase it does go wrong again.
    Still no bleeding so still got my fingers crossed
    Thanks for all your support again girls, means alot
    xx
  • GGGRRR hun that sounds like a right nightmare!!! If it were me? i'd be changng doctors pronto!!! xx
  • MrsCarter, that fact that you didn't kill him means ou are a better person than me. Change your doctors - this is unnaceptable and shouldn't be happening, you are entitled to a Beta HCG. You could be with a new surgery by the end of the week getting some answers.

xxx
  • Thanks for your replys ladies
    We really struggled getting into any practice when we moved, no practice would take us as they said they had too many patients already! We only got in where we are now because I complained to the national health trust and they forced the practice to accept us! Wonderful isnt it !
  • What a joke, as you cant change surgeries I would complain to the practise manager about him hun.

Can I just say again that I know you did get a bfp then bfp but it took 2 months for my + test to show I didnt get confirmation on a hpt till I was 8+3! and there was another lady Bev who didnt know until she went for a routine scan for something else!!!
    Some GP's just have no manners or courtesy to something so sensitive.

xxxxx
  • Thanks laujai
    I am trying to remain positive but after coming out of there I felt like they thought I was being a stupid woman who couldnt accept the obvious! The nurse said that they don't do blood tests because HPT are just as accurate! That just isnt true tho from from what you read. He then questioned whether I was taking the test properly! After 6 months or so and 100 HPT later I think I know what I am doing!
    He then stupidly asked if we were TTC because after me being pregnant twice in 3 months I would obviously need a chat about contraception because I wasnt doing it right! WTF!
    If I hadnt of needed it to be documented in my notes then I woudnt have bothered going!
  • I've never heard anything so stupid in my life, if I were you when you are feeling a bit stronger I would be writing a huge complaint letter adding all of his comments in it!!! It's no wonder your feeling worse on top of everything that has happened.

Sending you the biggest virtual hug ever sweetie xxx
  • What a awful Doctor that is unacceptable! I really hope you just have a shy bean. This limbo period must be so tough.

Hugs x
  • Im so sorry you have had this kind of treatment hun. Im a nurse and that is totally unacceptable!! I would certainly ask about the complaints procedure!! Big hug xx
  • what about your local hosp? do they have an EPU, some let you self refer, then you could leave out the stupid docs.

My GP is a lovely lovely man who's been my doc since I was 5. but he was on hols when I had spotting before my MC started and I saw a stupid locum. He gave me no sensible instructions. was very vague when I asked how much more bleeding was a concern and when I should come back. Then when he saw I was a vet he spent 5mins talking about how human babies have bigger brains and how much longer gestation is and isn't it all very interesting. what a bloody moron. there's a worrying number of them about!!
  • oh mrs.c! im so sorry this is how you were treated!! your deff. a better person then i, as i wouldnt have left untill someone drew blood work! you need to push getting a defrent doc hun! *hugs* fingers still crossed!!
  • Thanks everyone for your support
    I feel very down today, I am driving myself mad going back n too to the loo every 10 mins to knicker check, sorry TMI!.
    I don't know whether to feel happy or sad! If I knew I was still pregnant I would be ecstatic and if I was bleeding then I would have some sort of closer and be looking to the future but I am neither! I can't stand this waiting!
    Why does this have to be so hard, why can't it be like in the movies when the girl gets the BFP and lives happier ever after.
  • Mrs C I'm sorry you're having such a horrible experience with your GP practice, is there an Early Pregnancy Unit local to you? I find the one at our local hospital very sympathetic and are probably more likely to do bloods for you so you can at least get some answers.

Try the Association of EPU website http://www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/FindUs1.asp it'll tell you if there's one close to you.

(((hugs)))