Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Blood Test Results - UPDATE

Hi Ladies

Well, as usual I am too impatient and decided to ring my docs today for blood test results, rather than wait until tomorrow. :lol:

Serum ferritin has come back at 35.7

Apparently normal range is between 13 and 150! Quite a broad spectrum I thought. So I am ok on that one.

The other test I had was for ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME (also known as sticky blood syndrome I believe). However, these haven't come back yet and may take longer. However, the doc said he ???????thought??????? he had seen a preliminary message to say they were satisfactory, but awaiting full report. Great!! More waiting.

Was thinking though, when we saw the doc and asked to have these tests, he said if I had the sticky blood thing, I would need to take half a baby aspirin a day. So my question is, would it be ok to just take this regardless? Does anyone else take it?

We are eager to TTC again (currently awaiting first AF after ERPC).

Also, hubby and I are thinking of having our hair analysis done through this website, where you send a sample off. It will show up any deficiencies etc. Not only in terms of TTC, but would be good to know anyway we thought. Has anyone had this done too?

Finally, did anyone watch ???????Cherry's having a baby??????? on Sky3 I think it was, the other night. We had recorded it and watched it last night. It made us both very sad and we had a good cry at the end of it. Think we had both been so strong since our second mmc and second ERPC, that we had been holding it altogether too much. The floodgates opened last night. I think it brought it all back home again. Our first EDD is approaching rapidly too, 1st October, which I think is going to be very hard to come to terms with.

Love & Light to all.

Zxx

[Modified by: ZLS23 on 16 September 2010 11:56:20 ]

[Modified by: ZLS23 on 29 September 2010 13:40:35 ]

Replies

• Hi Hun, I am waiting to have my blood tests and a scan, I am in limbo really,not sure if I want there to be a problem so I know they can fix it and all will be ok, or obviously the good news that everything is fine, but left with the unanswered why and will it happen again????????? To be honest just glad to be getting somewhere with the doc's........

Glad you were able to let things out last night, it probably did you the world of good. Sorry no answers on the asprin front, can't see why it would be a problem though, if you are going to have to take it later on anyway!!!!!!!

Wish you all the luck I can with your results and ttc, just hope we both get to enjoy a pg and hold our babies sometime soon x x
  • not sure re the aspirin I did wonder about it as well.
    I have had two mc can I ask how you got the doc to do tests, I thought they would only do it after three is a row?

I think it is always good to have a cry and let it all out, it does make you feel a little bit better
    babydust to you
    love
    Joy
    xx
  • Hiya Z, it's good you've got your results, I'm still waiting on mine! I feel i'm being completely fobbed off just because i'm in the RAF so therefore have a military doctor. I phoned yesterday and she wasn't available and I left a message asking her to call back and i'm still waiting! I wish I had a civilian doctor as I can't bug mine too much because of the rank structure and i'm lower in rank, it's really unfair really.

Anyway, at least you know your ferritin lavels are normal so your iron will be too. With regards to the aspirin Q i've also been thinking this but am wary of taking anything without the doc saying it's ok. Maybe if you ask your doc what he/she thinks?

I'll be thinking of you with your upcoming edd, my first one is in November and i'm not even thinking of it yet, i'll be such a mess. Maybe when our 1st edd's have passed it may start getting a bit easier...here's hoping. My friend is due today and I feel sick at the thought of it, and that makes me feel like a horrendous friend. I hope I feel different when she's given birth.

Anyway, let us know about the 'sticky' blood results and when i've finally got mine i'll hopefully have news too xx
  • Hi Z, sorry, G/C, but I was thinking about the aspirin, if you were to have mild back pain for a month or so, taking regular aspirin wouldn't be a problem, would it? So can't be bad???

I just wrote a thread on ltttc re: test results, so i know exactly where you're coming from!
  • Hi hunni, I'm sure taking this asprin wouldn't hurt, it's a very small dose. Glad you & your hubby let it out last night it's better not to bottle things up. My edd for mc was 27th feb so I've got a way to go yet but I know it'll be hard so my thoughts are with you.

Love to you hunni.
  • Thanks for replies ladies.

Joy - strictly they do say they won't run tests till after 3, but I did push with my doctor and he was quite understanding and said he would do them. If you don't ask, you don't get, eh!

kwn - hellooooo - can't believe you haven't got yours back yet I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Think I will hold off the aspirin until I have the results. A few weeks won't make much difference.

Thanks again.

Zxx
  • thanks ZL, I have been debating whether or not to go and see them. Didnt have any follow up after the ERPC so kind of been wondering if I should just be carrying on as I am and waiting to see what happens. The thought of having another without checking is scaring me a little, I might make an appointment if AF arrives in a couple of weeks and see what they will do.

xx
  • Hi ZL Not been on much this week as I have been trying to get myself back together. JC I went to my GP on Monday and without me even asking they have referred me to the recurrent mc clinic at the local hospital. My GP was hopeful we would get seen as we have been trying for 2 years and have other probs as well as now having 2mc. ZL did your doctors just run those tests???
  • Hey Muffin, good to hear from you. I did put a shout out for you the other day on here to see how you are. Yes, he just ran those 2 tests.

I'm glad they are looking into things for you too, that's good news.

Take care sweetie. Zxx
  • UPDATE!

Just had call from my docs re: results of this sticky blood syndrome thing, anything below 10 is fine apparently, I was 1.7! So all ok there too.

So that's everything so far ok. I know if we do suffer another mmc, we will be classed as recurrent miscarriage (if you have 3 or more) and have further tests/investigations, but for now, its beginning to look like it was "one of those things!" - hate that saying!!

Anyway, CD2 for me and looking forward to TTC again!!!

Love & Light

Zxx
  • Ah i'm pleased that everything seems ok for you . Good luck for this month my lovely . Hopefully you will get that sticky BFP before Christmas xx
  • Yea huni, glad your results are all clear, at least it will be a weight off your mind!! Good luck with ttc, sending you lots of sticky baby dust!!!!!!! X x
  • good luck ZL, been thinking about you xxx
  • Hi pet...so glad your results are all clear. I hope you are feeling positive for all the TTC you are about to enjoy. Relax and have fun with it, and Im sure next time will be perfect, you deserve it. Love Tracy xxx