Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Getting to know you...

124»

Replies

• Hello everyone, can I join in please?

I'm 32 and husband is too, we live in leeds, have been together for 9 years and got married in Oct last year - got BFP in December but had a mmc (and D&C) in Jan at just under 8wks.... no sign of AF yet so getting frustrated as can't wait to start trying again.

Littleb, I look in the 'due in August' forum as well to see what they're all up to - I know it won't make me feel any better but I can't help myself!!

Lovely to meet you all

xxx
  • Bbeanbag, I was due in August too...... I keep looking in too see what is going on but it was upsetting me so I have stopped and now concentrate on this forum and being positive about TTC again!!!!!!
    Forgot to add me and OH have been together about 5 years.... he has been amazing through all of this x
  • Hi, Im from west london but currently in australia. My and hubby are both 27. we got married in sep 09 after knowing each other for 10 years. and we started ttc in november 09. we were lucky and got our bfp after only 2 months of trying - thought everything was perfect until we had our mc at 7 weeks in mid-jan. i had a d&c 2 weeks ago, stopped spotting after about 10 days. we want to start ttc again soon, although i am very scared that i will mc again, and i couldnt deal with that at the moment.
    xxx
  • Hi this is my first post (I hate to admit but I have been lurking on here since Nov but never been brave enough to join in!);\)
    I am 31 and OH is 32 we have been together 7 1/2 yrs and married 2. We have been TTC for 2 & half years now and had to wait a year before we could even TTC as I had to come off some medication. I have Crohns disease and Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) which is not helping our situation at all. I had surgery last April to remove the worse part of my bowel and beginning of Aug got our long awaited positive result only to mc naturally end of Sep :cry:
    We live in Hampshire. I am really hopeful that this is our year and we wont have to wait another 2 1/2 years again!
  • Hi Ladies, Pleased to meet you all :\)

My name is Michelle, I'm 33, DH is 40 and we live in Surrey. We got married in July 2009 but were TTC long before the wedding (naughty)

In Sept after 10 months TTC we had fertility tests which showed that my DH had O.A.T (Dodgy sperm) Three months later, we were sat in the fertility clinic chatting about our IVF options. They did a pg test to double check I wasn't pg so I could make plans to start the down reggin drugs and low and behold we had a miracle BFP! Sadly we m/c on 26/1 at 9wks 5days. I was in the AUG 2010 forum too :\(

I have two daughters from a previous relationship. They are 13 and 9 (Sian I was 20 when I had my first and it was the making of me!) I was never married to their dad, he was an alcoholic and I suffered domestic violence. This is why I fled the north with my girls and moved to Surrey, it was very scary as I didn't know a soul. I'm a Manchester girl really. Anyway after 2 years, I found my soul mate and love him to pieces, he is southern, but that's not his fault :lol: DH has no kids of his own, although he is an amazing dad to my girls, he is really excited about having a baby!

OMG! I've wrote an essay! :lol: I never know when to shut up! Anyway, you are all truly fabulous and like others have said. I would have been lost without the support from this forum xxxxxxxxxxxxx 'Mwah' xxxxxxxx
  • Hi everyone.
    What a lovely thread.
    I am 35, hubby is 36. We have been together 7&1/2 years, married September 2007.
    After talking about it for a long time we started ttc in Novemeber and i caught on month 2 of trying, bean would have been due the week of our 3rd wedding anniversary. We were both over the moon but sadly i mc on valentines day image.
    I am now counting the days to ttc again as i am so confused as to when i will ovulate. We dont want to leave it too long as time is not on our side.
    We are in Birmingham so close to a few of the rest of you.
    Lovely to 'meet' you all, just wish it could be under happier circumstances.
  • Well I thought I ought to update mine, as I'm back again (although I never really left image )

I had my first mc at 6+2 in November last year, and sufferred a 2nd mc yesturday at 6+5. Both times I have got pg on the first cycle of using my CBFM (so I would definetly reccommend it!) but for some reason or another I haven't been able to get to 7 weeks.

I'm sure at some point I'll be feeling stronger to start TTC again, but at the moment i'm just going to enjoy my wonderful hubby, as he truly is my rock and my soul mate which I know I am very lucky to have.

I have to again thank you for all your support over the last couple of days, and the support that you'll undoubtfully offer me over coming times when I go through my ranting stage image

Sending you all lots of hugs

xxx
  • Rainbow: So sorry to hear about your second mc

Lots of love to you both xxxx Thinking of you xxx
  • I thought I'd bump this up as there's sadly a few new ladies with us.

To update mine;

I'm now nearly 3 weeks after my 2nd mc all I need now is my AF so that I can start looking to TTC again image

xxx

[Modified by: **rainbow** on March 15, 2010 08:12 PM]

• Thanks for bumping this thread Rainbow.

I'm Zoe, 35, (36 in April - agghhhh!!), hubby is 37, 38 in June. We've been married just over 6 months, been together coming up 3 years. Came off the pill in Sept, and got pregnant in Jan, sadly however, am now suffering a mmc - having a ERPC on Wednesday. Thanks for all your support ladies. Zxx
  • Forgot to add, I'm from Poole in Dorset. Anyone close by?? Zxx
  • great idea rainbow! zls23 think i'm one of the closest! and i'm the far end of cornwall! xx
  • I'm West Mids, but as I'm crap at geography, I don't have a clue how close I am to ppl (though I do relaise that B'Ham isn't too far away so not far from baloubear image )

xxx
  • Good idea to bump this up Rainbow.

I'm Andi, 31 from London. Hubby is 33. We have been married just 37 days! We started TTC in January and hit the jackpot first try. Had a mmc so had ERPC two weeks ago tomorrow was 9+6weeks. x x
  • Hello lovely ladies! What a nice thread... Really cool to get to know you all a little.

Well my name is Kate and I'm 32, OH is also 32. We're from London but currently living in Manchester. We've been together 6.5 years, married 2. Been trying for over a year, found out was pregnant in jan, had a bit of bleedind during bus told baby had strong heartbeat at 7 weeks. Then had a little bleed and went for scan and baby had just died at 9 weeks. Was devastated.

Been 3 weeks and I still can't sleep, but getting better.Can't look in due in sept! Too painful.

I know there are happy days to come and looking forward to trying again soon.
  • maddy i promise it does get better with time hang in there hun! nice to meet you sorry you had to join us all image have you offically started ttc? so far this has been a lucky month, 3bfp's already and lots of us to test yet (including me i test wedn.) our march thread is also a way to keep up with us all if you havent already found it! (its called crimbo babies)

[Modified by: gussie on March 16, 2010 02:38 AM]