Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Private treatment?

Hello girlies,

(x-posted to LTTTC)

Just wondering if anyone has experience of getting private consultations when ttc? We've now had one miscarriage at 10 weeks and a chemical pregnancy. I read that miscarriages at 8 weeks or so can be caused by clotting problems and that it can be helpful for women to take aspirin. I mentioned this to my doctor and he was dismissive so I thought I'd like a second opinion and to talk about other possibilities.

I have no idea where to start and how much it'll cost, but I can't face the idea of getting to 10 weeks and losing yet another baby if there's a simple solution. I know that chances are that we were unlucky (twice!) and that there's no underlying cause to it but if we are missing something then I don't want to wait to find out image

Has anyone else had any private treatments or consultations? Was it worth it? How did you go about it?

Thanks in advance for your help ladies image

Becky

Replies

• Hi Beccarroo

Totally understand you wanting to get answers and help. Getting a second opinion can't hurt, and if your GP is so dismissive then I think you should go for it! Why ARE so many doctor's naff???????

I went private a few years ago after I started getting heart palpitations and my GP was rubbish (I'm ok now!). Hubby was with Bupa at the time so it was easy and we only paid the first ??25. If you aren't with Bupa you can still go to them for one-off care, but I imagine it would cost more than ??25. You're in Reading aren't you? Bupa are on the Bath Road, although they aren't called Bupa anymore, but I'm sure they do the same thing.

Although not entirely sure, I think you would have to get referred by your GP first.

Good luck xx