Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

trying again after miscarriage

i had a miscarriage on the 3rd of august and since then, i have had a period which lasted for 4days. my last period was september 11th-14th and i have been trying since then. when do you ladies think is the best time to try. i cant wait any longer....i know i sound desperate but to be honest i am......lol

Replies

• We started again pretty much straight away. It is whenever you are emotionally ready xx good luck
  • I agree with the other girls,i had a mc 5 wks ago and still waiting for my first af but we haven't been careful when bd'ing so i may test and see what happens?!! Good luck with trying again.x
  • Hi,

I had a miscarrige 4/9 & have not used anything whilst BD'in, If it happens it happens! But I agree, it's when you feel ready! x
  • Probably asking the wrong folks here! We got pg straight away after very early (5weeks) mc, but mc. We then waited 12 weeks as prescribed by GP but unfortunately mc again. This time we're just going to let nature take its course. I don't personally think waiting is going to affect your next pg - I think its about when you are ready personally. I don't think your body will let you get pg unless its ready so if you are ready then go for it.
  • thanks ladies, i have started although not sude if i ovulated.
  • Hiya, I'm gonna wait until after my 1st af then start to try again. Would probably have started trying straight away, but I've been having some odd pains off & on since my erpc and saw my GP again last week who advised me to wait until everything felt like it was back to normal before trying again. I think they reccomend you wait until after your 1st af to make the dating easier, but I've read on here of several ladies who have got their BFP's straight after their mc and everything has been absolutely fine.

Good luck, hope your next one is a sticky one!

Caroline xxx
  • Hi there!

I am new to this site but thouht I would give it a go as I really need to find poeple in a similar situation as well. I have had a miscarriage this year as well, in April. It was awful we only found out at the 12 weeks scan as it was a blighted ovum so there was no bleeding and I felt fine. It took ages to get my body back to normal as there was some retained products and i only just had a normal period in august. We decided to start trying as soon as we we were ready and i am now pregnant. Only five weeks though and of course I am totally panicking that the same thing will happen. I have a scan due in two weeks to see if everything is okay.

has anyone else had a similar thing happen?

wishing everyone the best!

babythree3xxxxxxx

:\)