Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it a faint BFP or evaporation line?? UPDATED with a PIC

Replies

• Mrswoo if you can I would go and get a first response or if you are sure those tests are 25mui it may even show up on clear blue digital. I would be pretty excited now if I got those tests. Where are you in your cycle ? Xx

• It's says they're 25mui. I did a cassanovum test too though and it was negative and apparently that's 10mui. So I don't know what to go by! I'm on CD 34 at the moment and I think I'm around 13dpo. I want to get excited but i don't want to get my hopes up!

• That's odd the other one was neg if it has a lower mui , perhaps try first response then if you can they are around 6mui. Good luck anyway xx

• I'm going to get a first response one on the weekend if AF hasn't shown up. The line is barely there this morning so I'm thinking I'm out this month and then cheap tests are rubbish lol 

• Hi everyone! having the same problem again this month! I'm on CD28 and 8/9dpo. Positive opk today and a positive HPT (I think) can everyone else see it? Or is it an EvaP?

• I am confused about my test is it evap or faint positive? I took it and went to clean the kitchen and came to see a faint line and control line. I have 3 daysbefore Af. It was weird since I usually have symptoms before AF but this month nothing but sore breast slightly image

• Looks pink to me! do another one in a couple of days and don't leave it. You'll know for sure then if it comes up in the time. Mine turned out to be positive and I'm now 8 +3 weeks pregnant :)

• Mrswoo congratulations

ciara, any line that comes up after 10 minutes may not be a true positive, you should do another test and not leave it for 10 minutes. Good luck I suspect it will be good news for you x

• Wow congrats MsWoo. That's so exciting. I will def update in a few days to be sure . 

• imageHi ladies! Would you say this is an evaporation line or a faint positive? I am away on holiday and only brought along 2 tests.  Not sure whether to do another test now or wait?! Thanks x

• If the second line appeared in the time frame on the instructions then that looks positive to me Sarah! image

Here are my positives from earlier this week to compare if you like:

• Hi scribble - thanks, yes it came up within 1 min  😊 congrats on your positive tests! I was just curious as I've read a lot about the evaporated lines and don't want to get my hopes up if it's negative! 

• Sarah looks like a BFP do the other one with fmu to confirm x

• Thanks Sarah. Good luck with your second test, keep us posted!

• Second one done, its a bit clearer but just not sure in case its a dodgy batch?! Not seen any clear blue tests here yet to triple confirm. image

• Looks good Sarah! First response are better than clear blue in sensitivity for checking but they say there's no such thing as two false positives. image

• Trying to figure out if this is a faint positive or Evap line.. My boyfriend sent me this yesterday about 8 hours after I took the test. I had looked after 2 minutes, didn't see anything and threw it away. He dug it out of the trash and found this. Now I'm not sure what to think. any help would be appreciated. PS sorry about the hair all over the test lol 

• imageSorry here's the photo 

• It has some colour in it so probably not an evap line which are usually gray. Take another test and this time wait before you throw it away.

• Thanks for the reply, probably going to wait about 2 days or so and then do a clear blue just to be sure.