Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it a faint BFP or evaporation line?? UPDATED with a PIC

Replies

• Hi all, im new to this and need some advice. I took a pregnancy test today, not fmu though. Canr remember the time frame but ive got what i think is a faint positive, but also keep thinking if it could be av evap like. Ill post a picture if you could all let me know what you think :) 

apologise for the wee stains lol, had to take the test apart to see that my eyes wernt betraying me lol. image

• Hello, all! New to the group, 43 with a 25 year old daughter, diagnosed with PCOS in 1993. TTC from 1998 through 2008, and long story short finally gave up when I got my first grandchild, who will be 6 years old in July. I've done all the heartbreak, the chem pregnancies with several MCs at around 5 weeks, and lots of hopeful BFN's where I had lots of symptoms and been disappointed when peeing on a stick. Two things I've never had regardless of symptoms and insane hope: ANY POSITIVE PREG TESTS WHEN I WASN'T PREG, AND ANYTHING COMING FROM MY BREASTS SINCE 2 MONTHS AFTER STOPPING BREASTFEEDING IN 1992. NADA. I've never been regular with my cycles, but discovered at 40 that the NeuvaRing can reset me for up to 18 months just by using it for a month. Just went off it in Aug. Had AF n Sept, Oct, and Nov on my own and on time. Right after my last period in Nov, DH and I had an unusual week after I returned from travel. We had sex three times all when I would have been ovulating, lol. I had been caring for my mother over Thanksgiving and lost 14 pounds as well- always good for fertility but we really aren't trying.  We have 3 grandkids already! On the 21st Dec, I woke up at 7 Am nauseated and have been mostly since then, day or night. On Christmas day I cried all the way through church for no reason I could think of. I've  been dizzy, lightheaded, dry eyes and stuffy nose, exhausted, anxious, have superhuman sense of smell and sudden aversion to smells I used to like, quick headaches, peeing every half hour with urgency, recurring heartburn, my period was due around the 28th Dec, and I had crapms and back ache for three days but no bleeding, not even a staining, boobs are up a size and a half, and I'm lactating a very small amount from both breasts for the past 6 days! Now I have two very faint pink lines on two tests taken in the evening and night. Couldn't wait! I live in a small, rural town and we're snowed up, so I bought cheap HPT's at the only local grocery store. Neither result showed in 3 minutes, but both are definitely there to my eyes! I need a second opinion on that, so will post a photo of them both. I truly FEEL pregnant, but with PCOS I'm seeing many women, normal fertility and compromised, saying they had results outside the time limit and also got BFN's because  their hcg was low even though they were pregnant for sure. I plan to test again in the AM with fmu, and of course will do again if needed, but don't wanna look like an old crazy lady who's seeing things, either! I'm  too old to be a mom again! <3

• imageimageimage Is it just me freaking out? My camera isn't the best, but even in these pics I can see it...  opinions?? Thanks!

This is mine. Did you end up being pregnant??

S

Hi, 

I've been TTC for a few months now. 

My AF is due on Wednesday but for some reason I decided to do a regular pregnancy test at around 1pm today. 

I checked the test probably after the 5 minutes and it was a faint positive. I was thinking it could be an evaporation line after googling the same so do another one straight after and made sure I checked the results within five minutes. Not as clear as the first but I would still say a faint positive. 

I am am going to try again in the morning but just after some advice regarding evaporation lines. 

Thank you 

• Evap line?? It looks blue not grey to meimage

• does this look positive to yall or an evap line? it looks positive to me read the results in the timely manner then took a digital and it was not pregnant.. Any opinions??imageimage

• I do see faint line fingers crossed for you 

• I can see a faint line 😊. this is mine today. I could see a faint line but not sure if it was an ident 🤔. What do you think? image

• I feel your pain ladies it’s driving me mad... I took this test this morning and it looked negative, I threw it away and when I came back from my left little girls concert it was +ve or an evaporation line I really don’t know 🙈 what’s your thoughts xximage

• Bethan83 looks positive to me that. Maybe take another one 

• Did you end up being pregnant 

• imageimage

These are my strip test and then stick I did a couple of days later. So confused! 

• @amylou9993 Did you end up being pregnant? 

My cycle is very irregular and have been testing all week - Also very confused. 

Would appreciate any thoughts on my tests. The one without a gold number is my latest one this morning...

• Hi sorry to jump on your post.  But what do you ladies think ? Evap line or faint positive? image

• Hiya ladies is this an evap line or bfp 

I did it last night left it and woke up this morning to this. image

• Just to update on my post from the 6th June- Turns out I was pregnant! Now 14 weeks image

• Congratulations penny! Lovely news! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! 

Can anyone give me any any ideas as to whether this is BFP or evap line? 

Xxxx

image image

• imageevap line or positive pregnancy test ? I had unprotected sex recently and I know for sure the guy came inside me. Ive been having stomach spasms, smell sensitivity, nausea, headaches, lightheadedness and dizziness, it feels awkward when I lay on my stomach, and my boobs have been hurting. I took a test and it had a very faint positive do you think I’m pregnant ? 

• Angelinaarosee,

I'd wait a few more days and test again with a pink dye test to be sure :)