Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Some advice on what is happening please!!!!!

I had my op on Thursday, I had only very slight bleeding on Thursday and Friday, I had nothing Saturday, Sunday or Monday and then today I started bleeding again, a bit heavier than before. Is this because of the op or is it my period? Im sure it is some effect of the operation but thought on Saturday I was getting over it, we were going to start trying again yesterday....... obviously put that on hold!!!!!

The only reason I ask is that I always used to get a headache when I had my period and I have had a banging headache all day........ I don't suffer with headaches at all unless it is when I am having my period. I am just so unsure what is happening???????

Any advice welcome.:\?

Replies

• Hey there

That is sort of what happened to me - I had light bleeding for a couple of days, then it stopped, then it started again and lasted for about 8 or 9 days. I think it was my period (although longer than normal) cos not long after the 2nd bleed I ov'd.

Hope that helps!
  • I didn't have an op but bled for around 9 days then had what I thought were ov pains then had what I thought was a period although it was very dark and had small clots in it. About a week later I had my ACTUAL period! It was 32 days after the mc (usual cycle 24 days regular as clockwork). Not sure if this helps or not!
  • Not really sure hun, but my info sheet says sometimes you can get heavier bleeding 3-6 days after the op, so think it's probably normal.
    Take care x
  • 3054, hello hun i had the same thing i stopped bleeding at about 3days after the d&c then started again a few days later. at about cd24 i got my first period. i had called the doctor when i started bleeding the second time and she said thats the body way of dealing with the healing, to make sure all the tissue is clean and ready to go for the next cycle so ov. is clean? it could be your period? thats just what my exper. was
  • It was prop still from the op. A similar thing happened to me but I bled for 16 days after the op with a break of one day after 5 days. 30 days today since my op and no af yet and have no idea when she will show! Hope you can start BDing soon!!
  • It was prop still from the op. A similar thing happened to me but I bled for 16 days after the op with a break of one day after 5 days. 30 days today since my op and no af yet and have no idea when she will show! Hope you can start BDing soon!!