Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

When to start TTC??

Hi Girls

I have just got my first AF today after my ectopic pregnancy so I am now starting to think about TTC again! How long did you all wait? I read on the internet to wait for two cycles to make sure you are healed physically and emotionally but the surgeon said to me to wait for one cycle! I'm desperate to start trying again but I don't want to put my body or baby at any risk by trying too early.......need your advice girls!!!

Thank you xx

Replies

• Hi hun,

How are you doing??

I think they say to wait 1 or 2 months for dating reasons, so I would say it is really up to you hun, when you and hubs feel ready to try again.

We started trying after my first AF after the mc, someone once said on here that your body will let you get pregnant when it is ready... I also wanted to try straightaway.

What type of treatment did you receive for your ec if you don't mind me asking? Only with some treatments you are told to wait.

Love MrsH xx
  • Hi MrsH

I had key hole surgery to remove my left tube so I don't think there is any reason to wait really - I've been lookign on the ectopic pregnancy website and they recommend 2 cycles or 3 months, whichever is sooner. But as you say your body wudn't get pregnant if it wasn't ready! Are you still trying or are you pregnant? xx
  • Sorry to hear you have been through surgery hun.

Yes we are trying, only on month two after mc so early days for us, however we fell pg on the 3rd cycle of trying intially which is very quick so I am secretly hoping it will be quick this next time too image

How long have you been trying?

Love MrsH xxx
  • Well we were very lucky and we got pregnant on our first month of trying but we are very aware that there is not much chance of that happening this time! I think that's why I am so keen to strat tryign because we just don't know how long it might take!! Good luck trying hun and I hope everything goes just fine next time. How far along were you when you mc? xx
  • thanks huni,

sounds like we were both lucky in terms of timing the 1st time, let's hope the next time will be quick and sticky image

was early days for me, about 5//6 weeks xx
  • Hi STG83, no idea how long to wait really. Personally I wanna get one normal AF underway first and see what happens. But I guess everyone is different, whenever you feel emotionally and physically ready I would say. Baby dust to you!! Zxx