Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, BFP's all the way..........."

Replies

• Options
    Jodie, 12th is not that far away. Not testing early will at least makes sure you don't get a positive and than AF arrives. Only 12 days away.Can you keep your mind of it by focussing completely on christmas? Doing shopping, making list for what you will cook, make during christmas. Try out some new things, like baking a cake image Unfortunately I bought all the christmas presents already, so don't get those to keep my mind of things. But than again, I already gave up on this month, seeing that a lot of people don't ov after mc. Still keep up a bit of hope though, it will make my MIL happy. (at least as happy as she can be at the moment image ) She was almost just as devastated as I was with my mc.

I got my oh to hide my pee pot :P I don't know where it is, during the day I will not try to find it, in the morning I would want to, but by than I already need to go so badly, that I have to give up. I did buy some more pregnancy tests, got some cbd and some ebay cheepies. If I end up testing I will use the ebay cheepies, last time they didn't give me a postive till past the day my period was due, which was fine for me. (mind you, I had a holiday in the last week, which kept my mind of things)

I sound like I can hold off, but believe me, I will probably cave somewhere next week as well. I hope not, because I know af can be quite late, so five weeks is nothing yet.
  • Options
    Thanks Laujai and Jodie, it should def be before xmas so thats good just be good to know everythins 'ok' but who knows maybe i will have a BFP by then and not need it (see that - PMA that is!) not quite in the 2ww yet, had my 6th high this morning (had 6 last month too!) but had some twinges earlier so hoping i'll get a peak tomorrow! fingers crossed!!! although i've run out or FR OPK's so won't be able to know whther to BD or not anyway.. we have the last 2 nights so might just go with it tonight anyway and pick some more up tomorrow! will have a proper catch up later - on lunch break! xx
  • Options
    Hi girls

Had the BEST day today! I went Chrimbo shopping and bought practically all the prezzies I need. I was crafty though and left a couple to buy in a couple of weeks so that I can have something to look forward to (and think about instead of thinking about ttc!).

I feel remarkably laid back about the whole ttc thing at the moment. Think it's cos I don't have any concrete dates for me to fixate on. How much do you bet I become a jibbering wreck by Christmas Eve?!!? Snarf.

Soz - once again I read all the updates on everyone and now can't remember who said what, so can't reply! Think I might start making notes!!! :lol:
  • Options
    How weird is this?

Really excited about being in our December ttc thread and it has made me feel right positive, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to add my name to the Santa Bean list over in TTC. It's like, if I put my name down on that thread it will be bad luck and I deffo won't fall pg, but for some reason our thread is lucky and being in it will help me get my bfp.

:\?:\? Weird, don't get it at all, but I'm going with it anyway!
  • Options
    my swine flu jab today. my arm is killing me, but no other probs, luckily. bro's fiance was vomiting and really ill after hers.

only have one day of my hols left image I've got used to this sitting at home, doing housework and shopping... Perhaps I need a richer husband!!
  • Options
    Oh I wish i was that organised & had done all my xmas shopping I havent even started!!! But plan to this week!!

M&S I know what you mean bout ttc I think we disscussed this once before & all agreed that we just dont share that same excitement like we used to over there!!! But I feel this thread will be lucky was on a lucky one before over there & we all ended up pg but sadly me & L&N ended up over here, bloody typical!!!

gem hope your arm is feeling better soon & work isnt to hard on you xxx
  • Options
    Evenin' All!

Well Breighlin you would be proud - have mad lists of things to keep me busy, although it's not this week i will be at my nuttiest, but i have less things to do this week than next week, i have written all my xmas cards already, bought over half of my pressies, going to liverpool tomorrow to try to get alot more done, so i think i will try to fill next week by baking to take my mind off things!!

Gemgems - how were you after your swine flu jab? The Dr's at work keep pestering me to have it, and i have had reservations whilst TTC, although the senior partner who is very thorough with these things says that it is perfectly safe and that his pg daughter has had it and that it will give your baby immunity from it for 6 months, i am prob being v silly and should bite the bullet and just do it! My OH has had it and he just had a really achey arm when he lean on the inj site for a few days, but fine after.

Hope all you ladies are ok, not long now til our 1st tester! Oooh it's so exciting!!!!!!

Jodie xx
  • Options
    hello ladies! well i got most of the xmas shopping done, now we just have to put up our xmas tree ( then build a wall around it so my ds cant destroy it lol) i feel so anixious about the next 2w already.... oh my!
    jodie- dont know if i can hold out eather!! prob. will be testing eairly right along wit you! laura- try to keep your pma up hun i still feel for you! gem-did the swine jab have worse aches then the flu jab? hope everyone is doing well! hugs*
  • Options
    jodie, I've been baking too. just made banana muffins, yummy, and made brownies this week.

kari haven't had seasonal flu jab before, so don't know how the swine flu compares. my arm started to ache a lot within about half hour of having the jab. by bed time lifting my arm at all was really sore, and taking my top off hurt. but by this morning arm is much better than was, onyl hurts if I knock it. feel quite tired today, and a bit bunged up and coldy.

jodie, I decided to got for it, because if I am pg this month bean will only just be implanting, so not really connected to my bloodstream yet. So I thought easier to decide now than make the decision harder if I get a bfp and get further on in any pg. Also so much of my time at work is spent vaccinating animals, and there's just as much controversy with animal vacc's as there are with people, so I thought maybe I should practice what I preach!

about to go to town shopping with bro's fiance, to take advantage of last day of my holiday. don't wanna go back to work :cry:
  • Options
    If this is the start of my af (see other topic) I still can be in for the end of december. (maybe new years eve positive?) I hope so, 28 days from today is the end of the year. Would be lovely.

My emotions have been all over the place in the last two days. I go from crying and feeling sad to feeling happy with lots of energy. I am tired by the evening, but can not get to sleep before 1 or 2 in the morning, than waking up from every single sound, so still tired in the morning. (and that whilst Michael started to sleep through again for the last few days)

We probably have the funeral in about 2 weeks, but I am unsure if I will go. i want to go, but can't leave Michael with a babysitter who never had him for longer than a little bit, who never fed him. (no idea if he takes food from someone else than the normal people who feed him) And not sure if we should take him. image it is a difficult decision.
  • Options
    Breighlin i love the pot hiding idea! wouldn't be any good for me though! i'd just go and find another one!!!

M+S that is FAR too organised, though i am getting there a bit now. i know what you mean about taking notes, this thread is huge already! lol.

Does anyone else feel totally like they can't be A**ed with putting xmas deccies up? i never can anyway but this year i'm even contemplating not putting any up until a couple of days before and then taking them down ASAP! lol

Gem - if you find a rich husband can i have his sexy brother/cousin please? eak, i got my swine flu one tomorrow... i've been told it hurts more than the noraml one i thought it couldn't make you sick though...

Jodie - you are FAR too organised as well! Will you be baking anything nice? still not koinging you in the 2ww yet but am hoping any day soon!!!

xxx
  • Options
    I am really struggling sorting out everything to do with xmas!!! Rocky im not putting up decorations this year I chucked my tree out last year & am not buying another one, I know I sound like scrooge but we wont be here & roxy would probably pull it over!!

I havent even started xmas shopping & theres only 3 wks to go i've had a look online today for some inspiration but not had much!!

How come everyone is having swine flu jabs is this out of choice?? xx
  • Options
    just had it coz I got a letter from my surgery saying they had just got it in, and I was in first wave of people to be offered it
  • Options
    Everything is sorted for christmas, just need a present for my oh. Any ideas? (I got him two cheap books and a dvd, but that was only 10 pound in total image) I know he is liking it, but want something more for him. It does mean I don't have anything to keep my mind of things. So I need to find something else.
  • Options
    Laujai i'm asthmatic so i get it, i have the standard one every year. you don't sound like scrooge at all - are you going anywhere nice? it might just be me and dh on xmas day this year? pretty bad timing for our first xmas alone but hey ho and least if i'm miserable i dont have to put on too much of a front!

Brieghlin i'm really stuck on what else to get hubby, i've got him 2 tops and a pair of trousers but i need something else that isnt practical!!! and i'm really stuck!!! xxx
  • Options
    It is difficult isn't it? Had to buy him a present last month for our wedding anniversiry, but now I am stuck again. Wish he had a nice hobby or so, something that I know he would like, but nothing. He likes reading, but he will get some books from family, he likes dvd's but he will get some from friends, so I am stuck. image
  • Options
    Hi, Can you put me down for 8th Dec

Thanks
  • Options
    I know what you mean about men and presents! My hubby is sooooooo hard to buy for. Anything he likes he buys for himself - unlike me. I know he finds it hard to think of things for me for CHrimbo so if I see something I like I tell him rather than buy it myself. Isn't that considerate??!! So far I've bought him a Wales rugby shirt, a Jeremy Clarkson DVD and the new best of Queen album - and those were SOOOOO hard to think of!! It's no wonder men always get socks as presents :lol:

Can't see me getting the swine flu jab. Think I had swine flu in the summer. Well, if it wasn't that I don't know what it was. You can't get it twice can you??

• Options
    You can get it twice. You are not immune if you had it once, but you built up some immunity. :S

I can buy my oh some socks, his old ones are getting really old. And he is complaining I don't put them in the right pairs, but they all look the same to me. (black, black and more black) I bought him something from Stephen Lynch, he likes to listen to that, and two books from James Herbert, he likes the horror stories of him. Just need to find something better.

I know he is completely stuck for ideas for me, but I am not that hard to buy things for. I normally don't buy stuff for me. image
  • Options
    ooooohhhh i quite like james herbert and they are the only books hubby will read! Have you read 'once'? its like an adult fairy tale but very saucy and highly addictive!!!! xxx