Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC January thread

Replies

• That's you in now Mrsossy, I'm really excited but I know if I see AF or a BFN I'm going to be really really gutted, not looking forward to that image xx
  • gemgems - how you holding up hun? Have you bought any tests yet? image x
  • Hi everyone

This is my third month ttc after natural miscarriage in October. I really hope its our month (and all of your months too!). I'll be testing on the 10th January.

Good luck everyone.

XXXX
  • hey all,

god snooks thats good for you, i'm now cd14 of my 4the try since my mmc on August 1st!!!!!!!! stupid long cycles image

Gems - my fingers are crossed for you! hoping that holiday has tempted some fate your way!

JJJOOODDDDIIEEE!!!!! - ha, think i'm goin to have to permanently call you that now! how you doin hun? good crimbo?

Glad i'm not getting any more baby packs, always wanted to hit someone when they arrived! Next time i'm not signing up to anything until my 12 week scan is OK!!!!

What's everyone doing for New Year then?
    i'm due to OV about then so going to be good and only have a glass of wine or 2 and try to persuade hubby to join me! - he is being good and trying to smoke a lil bit less this month though (not that he smokes heaps anyways but every bit helps!) as he said if it doesn't happen this time he'll cut down loads!!!! YAY!!!!

xxx
  • Hi snooks & rocky_kiz, I haven't really thought about new years yet to be honest, so unlike me, I'm usually the one persuading everyone else to go out somewhere! This ttc is taking over my life though, I'll probably sit at home, maybe allow myself 1 or 2 drinks (won't do any harm, would it??) xx
  • I have decided not to hope to much for a bfp and bought a wii fit and have started today with some exercises whilst Michael is asleep. (he has two naps a day) My goal is to do atleast an hour a day, spread over his two naps and maybe some in the evening. I know it will be more difficult when pregnant, but I am sure I can use it for some purpose and have put it off long enough now. Also gonna start with a bit more healthy diet, nothing major but not eating late at night anymore. (after two bad nights with cramps and the runs I can not take that anymore) Unfortunately my husband is coming home lately at 9 or 10, so I am gonna eat simple but good when Michael is to bed. When I get a bfp I just tone it done a bit, but I want my old body back.

To much things happened over the last 5 years which all have an influence on my weight. Slight abbusive boyfriend, not being welcome home, moving country, terrible boss, strained relationship with parents and now loosing Sam. I eat when I am depressed, so I hope this sticks and I hope I can get a bit more healthy.And maybe a bit more positive attitude will help in my relationship with oh as well, cause at the moment that is with a lot of ups and downs with me being depressed quite a lot.

Only wish the weather was better and I could actually take Michael out and see other people and other things.

How is the exercise going for the other people? (from the last topic I remember quite a few who wanted to loose some weight?)
  • Hi Breighlin, o hun! you have been through so much, I really admire how strong you are as a person to come through all that and still be so positive.

I would love to shift some weight, before ttc I had managed to get down half a stone but since we started it seems to have taken over my life though I've made a deal with myself to start eating better and (fingers crossed!) after I have the baby, I have my wedding to motivate me into losing any weight I gain and hopefully more!!
    The wii fit is great though isn't it! And once it becomes part of your routine it doesn't even feel like exercise image xx
  • I hope it becomes part of it. Just want to do something and with this weather their is hardly anything to do outside. Just 2 times half an hour a day will still leave me with some time to come on here, to do some houswork and to have some time to myself. Really hope it all works and I will loose some weight. Doesn't even have to be much, just want to be a bit more healthy.

Soon I will have less time on here image Michael is now really close to crawling, so I need to keep an eye on him constantly. image Luckily he is fine with going to bed before 7, so have at least my evenings still. image
  • awww bless, you will have your work cut out for you then alright!!
    It will definitely make a difference hun, long as your doing more and eating sensible then you will notice in no time, just don't try and do to much all at once, you don't want to drain yourself with a little one to run about after as well! x
  • huni, no it won't. they recommend no alcohol int eh first trimester of pregnancy but guidelines also state that as long as u stick to the recommended limit and aren't binge drinking it should be ok. depends how strongly you feel about it i guess and where u are in your cycle!

Hi brieghlin! sounds like the eating earlier might be good for you! and weight wise too! good luck with the wii, they are good fun! hopefully the exercise will give you some of that PMA back too as it's supposed to release all the feel good hormones!

When are you getting married huni?

xxx
  • I'll have a few baileys then as a little treat image I'm 3dpo today, I know implantation doesn't usually happen until around 6-7dpo but I'm doing anything I can to make potential beans decide to stick around!!
    I'm getting married in May 2012, we had booked to go to Cyprus but since my mc all my priorities have changed, it really doesn't seem that important to me anymore, so we cancelled that and are just having a small do with family and close friends now xx
  • HI girls

So many of us ttc'ing again! Feels good to be back in the saddle (so to speak!)

Still no idea when I will test, will hold out as long as possible.

Here's a question - when you fall pg, how soon will you tell your family? I've really been wrestling with this one. Last time we told them at 7 weeks cos we went to visit and I was off tea (and booze obviously), so knew I would have to make up some ridiculous lie. And ofcourse I never dreamt that anything would go wrong. But this time I am really in two minds. Mainly my worst fear is telling people, then to loose it again, and have to go through all the fake sympathy from my inlaws again. I hate the fake sympathy, it really p*sses me off.

What will you do?
  • I was thinking about that the other day and I think I have decided I'll tell my parents and maybe sister, my reason is that I couldn't have got through the mc without them so if (God forbid) it should happen again I will need their support even more. I'm not sure about telling my OH's parents though, it's not that they weren't nice or anything it's just like you said, I could do without the fake sympathy and plus when we told them about the baby they had been so excited, I actually felt guilty telling them I had lost it so I would really want to get to at least the first scan maybe before telling them....but that's all plans, I know if I do get my BFP I'm going to be that excited I'll probably tell everyone! x
  • huni - no need to buy tests I had a lot already. Hubby has hidden them all, and I'm getting them back tonight ready for fmu in the morning. 11dpo today and still no sign AF. fingers crossed!!

breighlin - I loved my wii fit when I got it, played all the time!! found the boxing wore me out most, so guess it burns most calories. I also have the active training game for it, which has loads more exercises.

m+s - not sure when we'll tell family this time. depends if I get bfp tomorrow or not. I would like to tell my mum and bro's fiance straight away, but not the in laws. but last time hubby was v keen that both sides found out at same time. If it's bfp tomorrow will wait til after hol. so that will make is easier as we'll be away. but because I have to tell people at work early I feel weird my colleagues knowing and my family not. guess I'll just see how I feel.
  • woohoo, I'll be on first thing tomorrow to see what the result is, fingers crossed tightly for you!! xx
  • If we get a positive we will tell parents in law, no one else. We did it with the miscarriage as well and they get the ok to tell others after 12 week scan. (mil told family as well about miscarriage to make sure there were no comments about it) It will go the same this time, no one else besides PIL will know. (I need someone on standby to babysit Michael in case something goes wrong or I need to go doctors and it is easier to do if I do not have to explain things)

I won't lie to people and if they guess they will be told the truth, but fortunately all the real family gatherings have passed so I will probably able to keep it a secret till 12 weeks.
  • M&S, we've decided not to tell a soul (except on here and friends i met on here and speak to) until 12 weeks. I can't be doing with people wanting a constant update. I don't know i'd tell anyone else until it was obvious i was pregnant. Maybe i'll feel differently when the time comes but i doubt it x x
  • Hi,
    I am really in two minds about this.. Hubby would have kept it quiet until 12 weeks last time if he had his way, so I am sure he will want to keep it a secret until the scan once we fall pregnant again. Me on the other hand will want to tell the world I'm sure!!!!
    What can I do to pass the time until my test date? I keep thinking and hoping for a BFP. This is driving me mad!!!
  • I was awful on my last 2ww so I don't have much advice i'm afraid! Not long to go at all.

Gemgems, only one more sleep until you test!x x
  • I was awful on my last 2ww so I don't have much advice i'm afraid! Not long to go at all.

Gemgems, only one more sleep until you test!x x