Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC January thread

Replies

• Options
    hope it will be a 'sleep' not a 'staring at the ceiling thinking about testing' - LOL
  • Options
    How do you block google....I swear if I look up possible symptoms anymore I'm going to go mad! :roll: and I have 11 more days of this!!!! :O
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm really in two minds. I think I would like to tell my mum early on, for support, but she would be sworn to secrecy. But hubby would insist on telling his folks if I told my mum, and I can't be doing with the added pressure of knowing that they know, and feeling like I have to keep updating them so that they "feel better" about it. So if I told mum I would have to pretend to hubby that I haven't told her, and I would hate to lie to my hubby. Grrr. So much politics.

Mafia, you know how you said your half-sister-in-law didn't tell anyone until she was 8 months pregnant? Well I feel like copying her!

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW GEMGEMS!!!!
  • Options
    thanx! off to bed to try to sleep now. will get on in the morning and let you all know what happens
    Gxx
  • Options
    good luck gems cant wait to hopfully see your bfp in the morn.!!!! will check on here before i leave for work in the morn. as i leave at 5am my time 10am your time
  • Options
    Hi everyone

This thread moves fast...I've been away 24 hours and there's a whole new page of replies!

Anyway NY eve...I'm going to a family party and I plan to have a couple of drinks. There's a lot of non drinkers at the party which means lots of bottles of Schloer will be knocking around....the drinkers wont know the difference if I top my glass up with Schloer...they think I'm drinking so no awkward questions and I know I'm airing on the side of caution...its a win win situation image

I'm CD19 currently but i think that I'm only 2DPO. For some reason I OV later in my cycle. I'm not going to symptom spot and I'm not going to test until the 10th Jan. I'm partly scared and I'm also on economy drive as we're trying to save to get some work done to extend our house....sacrificing a few hundred HPT is bound to help!! ha ha

I have lots of PMA this month. I took a reality check the other day and realised that I was too caught up in TTC with hubby which was leading to lots of disappointment. I have my down days when i think of what 'could have been' but I'm trying to pull myself round and think about the good things. I have a loving husband who is my life, a lovely house, a job (some people are riding out a rough time at the moment with redundancies so I'm very grateful I don't have money worries) and the thought of booking a holiday in Jan/Feb (providing I dont get a BFP!)...a BFP would be the icing on the cake but you know what..I realised .I'm pretty content. Anybody else got any positives to focus on at the moment? We've all been through the mill but it helps to put things into perspective image

Snooks xxx
  • Options
    Hey Snooks, what a positive post! I just watched a programme about the tsumani and it has me crying my eyes out, those poor poor people, things like that really help put everything in perspective. Yes we haven't had the easiest of rides but we still have our families, our OH's and another chance.
    I'm determined to stop looking at what "could have been" and start looking at what I have and what I have to look forward to! Even if I don't succeed this month, there's always next month!!

Gosh I feel great now image xx
  • Options
    morning ladies,
    bfn this morning, with amazon cheapy and FR with fmu. but still no AF either. 12dpo today, and last 2 have come 10+11dpo and she usually arrives in the morning, so I'm still a little hopeful. think will plan to test next to mornings with cheap ones, then do a 'proper' test on sunday if still no AF before then. 2009 has been so rubbish anyway, why would the last day be any different?! next year's gotta be the one!
    Gems
    xx
  • Options
    Ah Gems, I hate the BFN image - still no AF then there is stil hope. I did a test a couple of days ago and it was BFN but it was early at 10dpo. I am still holding out hope until AF arrives, you should do the same too!! chin up xxxx
  • Options
    it's not over yet ladies! Keep the pma going!!! The waiting is a nightmare though image
  • Options
    12 dpo is still early, i didn't get a bfp until 16 dpo last time and epu said is varies from pregnancy to pregnancy. It ain't over til it's over!

M&S, i feel the exact same way, i'd happily never tell anyone until the very last moment! My family live 4 hours away so cold actually get away with it but hubby's family might not be so easy! x x
  • Options
    i hate bfn too!! gems i stil have my fingers crossed for you!!
  • Options
    m+s i think my work will know again as it will be hard to hide with appointments and if i get the sickness i got last time! and also they were a good support and i felt they needed to know, my mum and sister and 1 or 2 close mates will know but not as many as last time, but would like to keep it a total secret until i've had a scan at about 9 weeks i think, as bean died ata bout 8...

Gems, good luck hun, my fingers are crossed for you!

xxx
  • Options
    HI girls!

Well would you believe it? Spent my most fertile time this month at the inlaws, and if we aren't lucky this time round my next fertile time will be..........when my inlaws are staying with us! ARG and DOUBLE ARG.

Gems 12dpo is still quite early I think - give it another couple of days and try again.

Loved Snooks post - it's true it is too easy to forget what is good about our lives. So I shall be counting my blessings during 2010!

Have a nice New Year Eve everyone - good riddance to 2009!
  • Options
    aww how cr*ppy is that m&s! well, you will have to start practicing keeping the noise down :lol: (but hopefully you won't need to worry about next month anyway!)

Happy New Year to you too xx
  • Options
    Hi
    Can you add me please, due to test 29th Jan if i can hold out that long, lol
    ta
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Lynz, no probs xx
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I hope some of you remember me, I just wanted to pop on and wish you a Happy New Year and lots of luck for 2010. You all deserve very sticky beans and I hope to see lots of your BFP's very soon.

Take Care
    Lottie
    xxx
  • Options
    ha ha m+s! gutted, through u could try and use the time to spice things up a bit... mym mum stayed with us crimbo day night and so there would've def NOT BD in bed that night! Lets just say the kitchen table was not a good place to be sat around the next day with family!!!! ha ha,

xxx
  • Options
    :lol::lol: priceless rocky_liz :lol: how on earth did you keep a straight face :lol: