Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC January thread

Replies

• Options
    Hi Lottie, aww thanks hun, Happy New Year to you too, hope 2010 brings everything you wish xx
  • Options
    yep praying it is just too early. have no idea how many dpo was last time, as was so ill that month hardly bd'd (even our anniversary) and gave up ov sticks, and forgot all about testing. then as I didn't know all the stuff I now do about tests my bfp was with a cbd at midnight!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, how are we all this morning?

gemgems - are you going to test again in the next few days?
    Babyluv - just 1 more sleep until your turn!!

I actually had to hold myself back from a test this morning, just had a thought in my head "how lovely would a BFP be on the first day of the year" despite the fact I'm only 5dpo :roll: :lol: xx
  • Options
    Hi Sara, no probs hun xx
  • Options
    morning ladeez, happy new year!! bit of a novelty to wake up without a hangover. just got back from sorting out the sick pussy cats at work.

bfn again today (only did cheapy tho, gonna wait til sunday to do 'proper') test again. still no sign of AF either. would just like to know one way or the other!!
  • Options
    huni - i dont think i did! huny kept giving me 'knowing' looks which made me giggle - had to blame it on the wine!!!! Glad u managed to resist poas!

Gems - thats good that AF is a no show!!!! and we all know cheapy tests are useless!!!! i threw ALL of mine in the bin!!!!

xxx

• Options
    I know it's just something to keep me occupied til sunday, feel like I'm doing something. Don't think there's any point doing FR every day
  • Options
    Just 1 more morning gems, hang in there!

I only had 1 drink lastnight and I couldn't physically manage anymore, took real bad heartburn and felt queazy with it, then I got it into my head maybe there's a bean in there already and it's cross with me :lol: felt guilty then!!

I said I wouldn't ss but.... :roll: x
  • Options
    Rocky that is so funny!! Really made me giggle. Well we did manage over Chrimbo so I'm sure we will manage again if we need to.

So lovely to hear from you Lottie - hope you have a fabbo 2010.

This two week wait thing is dreadful isn't it? When I got my bfp the 2 weeks flew by and I wasn't particularly thinking about it or worried, as we had only been trying for two months. But now it is all I think about. I just wish I could go back to how I was and chill out about it a bit more.

I suppose the one good thing though is that I know there is no point ss as last time I had no symptoms at all until about 6 weeks, so at least I'm not driving myself crazy with it.

Ho hum.
  • Options
    sorry to be stupid but what is 'ss'?
    A few of you have mentioned it and it's the only abbreviation I can't work out!
  • Options
    it means symptom spot nettie, don't worry your not silly!!there are so many it's impossible to know them all!!! x
  • Options
    Happy new year ladies! I got v v drunk and had a brilliant time!! Because not ov'ing until 16th jan I know I won't have damaged any bean. Just needed a good last blow out before ttc again!

Rocky, that's hilarious, 10/10 for creative thinking!x x
  • Options
    lol, glad it made u lot giggle at least! got my first hight today! Yay! CD16! so get to pee on a cb opk digital this eve! 1st one ever! yay! and it's double yay cus my highs have started a day earlier this month as well, so hopefully wont get as many resulting in a shorter cycle! aannnddd i've managed to convince hubby to not drink anything (alcohol) at all until after peaks! triple yay! xxx
  • Options
    Happy New Year!!! I did have one more sleep before testing but I made a decision last night - no tests unless my AF is not here by Monday. I have worked myself up into a frenzy over the last few days wishing and daydreaming about the BFP but I have a feeling deep down that maybe it will be another BFN!!! I am still keeping my PMA about pregnancy but maybe not this month, oh i don't know.... Anyway, can't test today because i stupidly wasted my lasted cbd at the beginning of the week when clearly there was no chance of a bfp so early but i did it anyway haha!!! what am i like??!!! I'll have to sneak out and buy one tomorrow or Monday as hubby had hidden that last one but i found it - I need to relplace it before he finds out lol!!!! xx
  • Options
    haha naughty babyluv. so far I've never found my hidden tests when I give them to hubby.

have wee'd 4 times today despite only having one drink. hmm.
  • Options
    :lol: the things we have to do, but that's great that you have the will power to wait babyluv!! I'm already thinking if I test on the 9th instead I would still get the same result... :roll: I have no patience at all x
  • Options
    yayyy rocky_kiz!! That's great news...how on earth did you get your hubby to agree to that!!! :O *stands in awe of Rocky_kiz*
  • Options
    Let's all try to wait togther, it makes it harder to deal with the bfn when you test before AF is due... Wait until the 10th Huni!!!! I have been on a website called 2 week wait where women post their symptoms before their test. OMG I really shouldn't have done that!!! I am now convincing myself of every little symptom - Gems i have also been noticing the visits to the loo (it's probably nerves!!!) I am now trying to distract myself with a game on facebook, I am determined to beat hubby's score!!! What has everyone got planned today for New Year's day?? xx
  • Options
    OMG that site is amazing (but sometimes not in a good way!!) I could spend hours reading through it!!

I have just finished cooking and eating a yummy turkey dinner, feels like Christmas all over again image so I'm now stuffed to bursting point! I plan to lie in front of tv all day long, even though there's f*ck all on :roll: x
  • Options
    Happy new year all!!! I hope everyone has had a good new year, oersonally i couldn't wait to see the back of 2009, i know that some of you will feel the same. Well at midnight last night i was the only one still awake unblocking the ensuite sink cos OHhas gone down with the d&v bug that Noah had all over xmas, which is why i haven't had much time for BE this last week i'm sorry!!!

We all went out for a meal last night and had to come home early as OH was feeling unwell! So xmas has been a bit of a funny one this year really, and to top it off i have got conjunctivitis and a head cold. The girls at work (i work in a GP's) have been giving me eye drops and telling me to take cold remedies, but i don't want to just in case.........................

Gemgems, i am really crossing my fingers for you, like everyone says it ain't over unless she arrives!

Rocky you made me chuckle with the table thing!!!

I hope that everyone else is doing ok and goodluck to everyone for this month. I've got 1 week until i said that i would test - should be 1 or 2 days overdue AF by then and the 8th is my work xmas do so would like to know one way or another. I always find the second week the hardest. Although i dont think we have BD enough this month with xmas, and OH going out and Noah being ill!!

Going to take myself off for a nice long bath this afternoon and chill out in front of the tv tonight - last episode of Gavin and Stacey tonight!!!

Jodie xx