Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

positive ovulation test after miscarriage...

Replies

• Options

I recently bought a basal thermometer, but haven't started tracking yet. That's my next step. Just seems like such a pain! We got pregnant our first month even trying, but found out at 7 weeks that it wasn't viable and didn't have the d&c until 9 weeks because I kept hoping for the slight chance it was going to work out. We were going to surprise my family at my dad's birthday celebration. Trying to figure out how to tell the family was half the fun of it all! That all happened only a month ago, so we are still very early in the ttc world. Whenever it does happen, it will be our first :)

• Options

Curly I was exactly the same! With my March pregnancy I bought my Mum a double 'grandchildren' frame for Mothers Day, and planned to put a pic of DS one side and a poppy seed the other! As we lost that one before Mothers Day I decided not to tell them until the 12 week mark with the next. Finally fell in October and was due to be 12 weeks Christmas Eve and was planning the Christmas announcement. Sucks!

• Options

We'll get there ladies 😘

• Options

Yes we will! And it's nice to have you ladies to chat with along the way :)

• Options

Yes you just can't get the same support or interest outside of those TTC! I have the odd mad moment where I will mention ovulation or something to close friends who know I'm trying, you can just tell they think you're a lunatic. I realise it's not ideal to pick over every little detail, but I just can't help it, I want it so badly!

Well you were definitely right. Temp still pre-ovulation range this morning, and opk still peak, that's 4 in a row so I surrender! Just need to try not to over stress and over think this month and try and let nature take its course x

• Options

Hi all!

I had the tradgedy of having a miscarriage at 10 weeks on 11-19-16. I was supposed to have my first scan on 11-22-16 and we were going to tell my family on Thanksgiving. 

This has been the worst event in my life. I am still having a hard time getting through it. We started TTC a week after the MC. I tested negative on a HPT two weeks after the MC. Trying again is the only thing getting me through this. I cannot wait to get pregnant again. I want a healthy baby so bad. This would have been our first child. 

Its so good to hear from other people facing the same sadness I am. 

• Options

Hey animallover- so sorry to hear about your experience, the whole thing sucks. But you've definitely come to the right place for support and likeminded ladies who have very relatable stories! Hope you get your bfp soon!

• Options

Hello AnimalLover,

It's a horrible horrible thing to go through. I feel for you being so close to your scan date too. We were supposed to reveal our news on Christmas Day. I feel exactly the same as you, desperate to conceive again! I thought I was ovulating early a few days after the miscarriage completed naturally, but it soon became apparent that the ovulation tests were constantly high. I'm still getting the faintest of lines on HPT too.

Where are you in your cycle now? Have you ovulated yet, do you track or just leaving it to Mother Nature? I'm CD13 if I take 1st day heavy bleeding as day 1. I usually ovulate CD13. I guess I won't know until my temperature spike the following morning, seen as opks are about as useful as a chocolate teapot!

• Options

If you're still getting positive HPTs then your OpKs will be postive as they pick up on Hcg... you wont ovulate again  until hcg is zero as your body still thinks it's PG.... horrible waiting game am afraid xxx

• Options

Tammy- I also thought I ovulated not even 2 weeks after my d&c, but  was having positive HCG tests for 3 weeks so it probably wasn't that. They finally started to go down around week 3 and I had the lightest af ever (light cramps and just the faintest bit of brown discharge) on exactly cd 28 after the procedure. I wasn't sure if that was af or not so I started tracking with opk soon after that to make sure I didn't miss it. Turns out it was, and I'm now 1 dpo, so just be patient, your body will get back to normal sooner than later!

• Options

Well blow me I've had my classic CD14 temperature spike! (I'm super regular when it comes to ovulating, 90% of the time CD13, otherwise 12 or 14. It seems sustaining a conception is my issue!)

I have to say, I also ovulated on time after March MC, but I wasn't expecting the same necessarily because of the hcg issue (in March I was getting BFNs when the MC bleed started)

SO, either my body is playing a cruel trick, mimicking all the signs of ovulation (also had ewcm last 2 days) and in fact no egg has popped out OR the hcg level was sufficiently low not to interfere with ovulation?! FX the latter! 

• Options

TammyGirl I know the waiting game is hard! Just think happy thoughts on Christmas day and make sure to get together with family. We were going to announce on Thanksgiving (it was literraly 5 days away). I havent been tracking my ovulation or BBT, we have just been doing the BD every day 😳. I feel like its easier (and more fun) than doing all the tracking. Im on CD 27 if I count the day of the MC as CD 1. I usually have a 28 day cycle, so Im hoping to find out if AF or PG on Monday. Im getting excited, either way I feel like its a step forward. 

• Options

Wow, BDing ED!! No chance we'd manage that, but good for you! You've given yourself the best possible chance.

Well my temp has stayed up as per my typical ovulation pattern, and HPT now BFN and opk close to negative... so maybe I did ovulate on Thursday (CD13) after all! Hurrah!

• Options

Hello new here. I had a miscarriage on the 21/12/16 at 9 weeks took a test two weeks later as advised by the hosptial and it was negative. Took a pregnancy test on the 23/1/17 and it was postive didn't expect to get pregnant so quickly after but I'm so happy. My doctor said your extra fertile after something like this happens. so keep thinkin postive thoughts it wil happen :-) 

• Options

Hi ladies!!!

It is absolutely devastating that a miscarriage is so common these days! I too am confused about getting a positive OPK after experiencing a miscarriage myself. So my story starts when I went in for my first ultrasound on 2/10/17; I was only 6 weeks and 4 days along. That morning, I had awoke and found that there was a little bit of bright pinkish blood when I wiped (never saw anything on my panties, sorry tmi!) and was absolutely terrified. Luckily I went to my OB that morning to check and see the baby for the first time. They did a trans vaginal ultrasound and they said that everything looked perfect and there were no signs of a miscarriage. The only problem I had was that we could only see a sac on the screen and it measured out at 5 weeks and 4 days instead of the 6 weeks and 4 days that I thought I was. Later that day, I experienced some cramping and more bleeding. Absolutely mortified, I called my OB and they told me that if it continues out through the weekend to go in Monday and Wednesday morning to go get my levels checked. I continued to cramp and bleed those next three days (the cramping was never more than what I would experience on a normal period cramp and the bleeding was never too excessive as I would maybe go through 2 pads a day) but stopped on 2/13/17 and went to spotting instead. **I should note here that on 2/11/17 I felt A LOT of stuff coming out at one point so I went to go check down there and saw what looked to be like a sac in the middle of the blood (so sorry again about the tmi!!image) and I was for sure positive that I lost the baby. I did make a call to my OB AGAIN and they told me that it was way too early for me to even see a sac if I did miscarry and to once again go in and get my blood levels checked. Okay so I did go in 2/13/17 and 2/15/17 and I got my results back the very next day. On Monday they were at a 600 and on Wednesday they dropped to a 210! I was so shocked that it lowered so fast! After telling my husband the news, we decided that we definitely wanted to try again asap, but like many of you ladies have said, not try and go crazy with it. I officially stopped spotting on 2/16/17 and only bled when we would BD (which even then was like spotting and it doesn't occur anymore).

I am counting that first day as CD 1. I have been trying my best to temp but my sleep habits are horrible so I can never get an accurate reading. As of today, I am on CD 11. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and I still found a very faint positive on the test (it actually amazed me on how disappointed I was to see that, I thought that if my levels dropped so quick within two days that surely I wouldn't have any HCG left after 4 days!). I also took an OPK test to see if I had any sign of an LH surge (I bought those internet cheapies) and it came back positive. I took another one at 6 this morning as well as 12 this afternoon and they still came back positive.

I've heard that you are more fertile right after you miscarry, but I'm not sure if that is actually true. I actually purchased fertility pills for both me and the hubby to take as well as some fertility tea to try and to see if that even helps (I still take prenatals every morning too). Is it too soon to be testing? I really don't want to wait. I do go in to see my OB tomorrow, fingers crossed she will tell me I can start trying again ASAP!!image

• Options

Good luck:)

Jyst to let you know opks are positive when picking up HCG from pregnancy that's why they are positive:/

You will ovulate again when all HCG is out of you system. Hope this helps xxx

• Options

Hi there-First off want to say my apologies for all who have lost-I mc in early January, got my period 28 days later (early Feb) took ovulation tests from the day I thought i would've started cd10 up until at least 10 days later and they were all negative.  DTD on 2/11 (which would have been cd9) so was somewhat hopeful I was pregnant because I was supposed to get my period this past Wed. but instead started spotting on Mon. instead for a few days which NEVER happens.  I was always on schedule with my period and never "just had spotting".  Took a pregnancy test today just to make my mind stop thinking and it was negative.  So bummed out-anyone have anything similar happen?  Stressing about when to start testing for ovulation again and anxious to TTC again.  Do I consider Monday my first cd or wed which would've been cd28?

• Options

Hiya, 

i know this post was a while back, but hoping you can help, how did things work out for you? I have a sinular situation to you. I had a D&C on Tuesday 1 week and 3 days ago. I’m still bleeding but my clear blue fertility monitor says peak 7 was low 8L then 9 jumped to peak and 10 is also peak waiting to test tomorrow now, I read online I should rake a pregnant test & it still says pregnant, very faint line but it’s stikl there, but my ovulation test also said ovulation so a little confused, can I Be ovulating If pregnant tissue is still there? 

Love to here what happened with you! Thank you! X

• Options

I posted on here a little over a year ago. It turns out I was pregnantimage I now have healthy and beautiful 7 1/2 month old twin girls!! They are my rainbow babies

• Options

That’s brilliant! So happy to here your news. So you was ovulating when those lines said so, hopefully the same happens for me! Thank you for your reply! :) hoping for my very own rainbow baby