Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Results Tomorrow!! Updated

Replies

• Oh what a total nightmare! I hated waiting for my blood tests and that was only a couple of days, so I really empathise with you. I agree with NattyNik - I bet if you hassle them enough you will get them back sooner. Really hope you don't have to wait until February. BIG HUG!! Sara
  • that's awful. no blood test can take that long to run!! I agree you should keep hassling them. If you're a nuisance to them then hopefully they'll speed up your results. Did you ask the consultant about ttc again in the meantime? Did they say anything about aspirin or any other meds?
    Gxx
  • Im sorry to hear you didnt get answers 2day hun!! Thats awful!! I agree with the other girls and would keep hassling them. Big hug xx
  • Oh my word... could they be any more incompetent if they tried?! Really sorry to hear that your care has been so poor.

I would keep ringing to see if you can get them sooner than Feb. It seems totally unreasonable to have to wait 4 months for a test result - they're bound to get cancellations etc. Perhaps they'd be prepared to give them over the phone?

Sending you virtual hugs and hoping that they get their backsides in gear.

Becky x
  • definitely hassle them!!!! Ur being very calm i have to say! think i would've lost it there and then!!! xx
  • Thanks girls, unfortuantly it's not that simple with the chromosome tests they have to culture the blood over a period of time usually 6-8 weeks to be able to get a result, they have just finished Aug bloods & are now starting on Sept which is when we had ours taken. I can call my GP for the result but it may not be available until at least the end of Jan & our appt is end of Feb. The other test I cxan get the result from GP when I've had some more blood taken.

I dont think it's the cons fault he did mention us at the 1st appt that the blood dept wernt good & he's had problems with the before like couples coming in for appts & them not having the results ready or more blood needing to be taken, he apologised & said he's going to complain again as he understands that recurent mc is hard enough let alone having to wait longer for results!!.

I dont need aspirin as that result has come back fine. I think the lupus tests is for natural killer cells.

I suppose I can take comfort that most of these results are fine & hope that sadly we have just had a run of badluck & that our luck will be in soon!!!

Thanks for support ladies & NN thanks hun you really do give me inspiration knowing that you have been through all of this with the tests etc & have come out the other side with a gorgeous little girl on the way soon.

Your all great
    xxxxx
  • Laura I'm sorry to hear today was such a disappointment. Like you say at least the results that came back are fine just a pity you couldn't get all your answers today xx
  • I'm glad the other bloods came back good but so disappointed for you with the others. It will come back and I know it will be all good. How about a little weekend break with hubby in January to pass the time? x x x
  • Hi Laura,
    I'm glad to hear that you got most of your tests back but I am gutted for you that the ones you were looking for weren't available. I was hoping that you would have something positive to help you move past this hiccup in ttc. Life isn't always easy hun, and I know you have written the book on being patient, so just hang in there because Feb will be here before you know it!
    speak soon xxxx
  • Thanks ladies I just thought as soon as today is over the decision about ttc would be so much easier when in fact it's just made it a whole lot harder!!! Think I will speak with my oh later & suggest we have unprotected sex but just not count CD or ov & see what happens, I want this wait to be over as im having withdrawel symptoms now & want to be pg!!!! xxx
  • Hey Laura have only just managed to log on since earlier. So sorry you have to wait till feb for results i can imagine how deflated you feel. Atleast your moving in the right direction.
    Hope your keeping your chin up, you know my number so use it anytime xxxxx
  • Thanks Jaq

Appreciate it you got it spot on both feeling very deflated!!!, Twinks has emailed us both about a meet up date so have a look when you get a chance. How's the bedtime saga going?? Saw FB LOL. xxxx
  • oh he's doing it now so im on here inbetween running up the stairs to put him back in his bed every 5 mins!!!!!!! i can hear his feet now lol!!!!
    i have replied hun on fb just seen message, i cant see me being able too meet just yet (boo). you all ready for xmas???? xx
  • I just saw your msg on fb hun thats fine I understand it's a very busy time of year esp with oh being at work all week & the lo & the lack of sleep you getting at the moment!!

Im no were near ready for xmas may try & start this week tho!!! The one present I got earlier in the year for my nephew I had to give to him as he's got so big & couldnt see it lasting till then!!! how are you doing? x
  • im ok finding oh being being away all week & lo playing up at bedtime is wearing me down, i wish i could just enjoy things but my body is struggling to keep up lol!!!!!!
    I pretty much have the kids sorted for xmas just the rest of the family!!!!!!!
    So glad you understand about not being able to meet its just hard at mo but not an excuse i will get down as soon as im able too!!!!!!
    oh lord gotta put him back again (i've been doing this for an hour now) my legs aint looking any better for all the running up & down though pmsl xx
  • Oh you poor thing, maybe in the new year we can pop to you for the day make things a little easier. Dont know what to suggest with ron hun maybe cause he knows baby on way soon & wants your undivided attention?/xx
  • well he's certainly getting it!!!!!! lol im trying to keep going as i've been there with olivia too so know it doesn't last forever it's just very draining at mo!!!!!
    Would love to meet you girly's... glass of wine ( think i'll need a bottle or 2?3? by time baby here) & some lunch & natter be lovely xx
  • I think that sounds great hun. Ron will get there in the end hun you'll just have to make sure you catch up on your naps during the day when he has one. I am knackered Roxy woke at 6.10am this morning & managed to get out of the living room & into the bedroom!!! Gona have a little play with her to ware her out then off to bed me thinks.

Enjoyed having a chit chat hun dont usually get on in the eves these days.

Take care get to bed as soon as you can & will talk to you soon xxxxx
  • she sounds as bad as ronnie lol!!!!!
    i enjoyed chat too speak soon babes xx
  • Oh hun

Sorry you didn't get the answers that you wanted today, i agree with everyone else, keep pestering your consultant for the results, i know the thing with the lab is not has fault, but it can't do any harm.

At least the results that were back we ok, thats a positive thing to take from it, but your waiting time today - rediculous!!!

Jodie xx