Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying again almost three weeks after miscarriage.

Hi there girls.

Was wondering if anyone has had any success of pregnancy after suffering a miscarriage? I lost my baby at twelve weeks, almost three weeks ago, and I'm keen to get a BFP again.

The advice was to wait until after my next period to try again but I chose not to. Any tips welcome.

Best wishes to you all and lots of baby dust.

Lizzie xx xx

Replies

• Hi Lizziepink. so sorry about your miscarriage, how you dealing with it?
    I lost my baby over three days 28th-30th May with a mmc which ended spontaneously. I am now 9+1 pregnant with second baby. The midwifes couldnt believe it when the sonographer scanned me and I was over 8 weeks pregnant. I ovulated bang on when I would have if I had just been having a normal cycle straight after miscarriage.
    it is possible and many people say your body will get pregnant once it knows its ready.
    My midwife and GP said so long as I felt ready then go ahead and try again so we did. I must admit its not been plain sailing as I had a hematoma (blood clot) in my uterus which bled out twice last week which scared the hell out of me but baby was in his sac blissfully unaware that anything was happening to me.
    If you feel ready and bleeding has stopped then go ahead.
    wish you all the best and hope you get your BFP soon

H2TA
    xxx
  • I had 3 AF's before got BFP again, but I know fair few people who have got pg straight away and gone on to have normal pregnancies. good luck with the ttc
  • Hi ladies! A very belated (but sincere and grateful) thank you for your messages. I hope you are both well. How is your pregnancy now H2TA? Sorry to hear about the blood clot - that must have been very scary.

Following my miscarriage in July I avoided all things to do with baby. I found it difficult but we decided to keep trying. I got a BFP two weeks ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but trying to not get excited like last time. Am paying for an early scan in November so we'll see then. It's so hard to wait, isn't it?

It was good to hear from you both - it was so nice to log on again and see some words of comfort.

Good luck and thanks again.

Lizzie xxxxx