Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying again.... how long please?

Hi Ladies, I eventually miscarried on Sunday after bleeding for a week. We would like to try again once I have stopped bleeding and we feel physically and emotionally ready, so before AF. Please can anyone tell me how long it has taken them to conceive again after miscarriage and whether that was before or after AF. Thank you, Lilies XX

P.S Hospital have asked me to wait 10 days anyway and do a pregnancy test just to make sure it is negative and my hormones have gone back to normal. X

Replies

• Hi

First of all sorry for your loss.

I has a mc at 6 weeks and bled for a few days then was told to do a test a week later and that was negative so we started trying that night and after 5 and half weeks and no sign of AF and a few pregnancy signs I took a test and was positive and after a few more tests that week I believed I was expecting again

I think when you ready to try again then I see no reason to go a head, the only thing for me is as I fell straight after mc so I am unsure exactly how far gone I am but I am around 10 weeks now and got my scan on the 6th Oct so will no exactly How far i am then.

Good luck and hope you get your BFP very soon x

Gem x
  • Thank you, that is really encouraging. Good luck with your pregnancy, I hope that all goes well for you. You have given me lots of hope that really helps, thank you XX
  • Hi Hun, I just replied to you on TTC after M/c xxx
  • We started trying straight away. I had very regular cycles for the first few months, so I think that the hormones from the first pregnancy (which I miscarried at 10 weeks) kicked them back into touch. We conceived on the 3rd month but this ended in a very early miscarriage. It took us a further 4 months to conceive again (we conceived pretty much on our EDD) and I am now 32 weeks pregnant x
  • Hi hun, sorry to hear what you are going through.
    I mc'd at xmas/new year and the once the bleeding finally stopped I had two AF's and then fell pregnant.
    I am 26+1 today with a blue bump, hope it gives you some hope.
    Take care xxx
  • Hi Hun sorry for your loss, it really is a devastating thing to go through. I had a mmc in may, had af about 6 weeks after mc then fell pregnant again first month of trying. They do say you're more fertile after a mc and I read in article in the newspaper a while ago that said recent studies had shown that if a women falls preg within 6 months of a mc then it's more likely to be a successful pregnancy which I thought was interesting! Good luck and I hope you get a sticky bfp really soon xxxx
  • I'm sorry to hear you've been through this. I dont normally post on here but I took comfort from reading a similar threads after I mc'd so thought I should share my experience. I had a natural mc at 6/7 weeks earlier this year. I asked the doctors when I could try again and they said there was no reason not to try straight away... if my body wasnt ready then I simply wouldnt get pregnant. We felt ready to try again so once the bleeding stopped we went ahead. I got a BFP 5 weeks after the mc happened and am now 25 weeks.

The start of this pregnancy was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions as I experienced 5 days of light (brown) bleeding (which i thought was my period) when i got my BFP. I also had a couple of days of spotting at 6 weeks and again at 8 weeks. Each time I bled I had a scan done at the EPAU which confirmed all was well, but I can't deny the feeling that we were going to go through the nightmare of losing another was very stressful.

I hope that you get your BFP very soon.
  • Poor you apple21 what a roller coaster of emotions you have been through. You must have felt terrified every time you saw spotting. I was also thinking about what you said that if my body is not ready then I won't conceive but interesting that CJG1986 + little beanie you say that you're more fertile after a miscarriage ( I really hope I am!)

You have really given me hope and I really hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes well apple 21 and other Ladies too.

Thank you again for all your lovely messages you really do make me feel so much more positive. Just can't wait to start trying again

Lilies XXX
  • Hi hun, hope you are looking after yourself.
    We tried again about 2-3 weeks after mc. 3 weeks later and no sign of af we tested and got our BFP. I definately believe its when ur body is ready to conceive as after a year of TTC then a mc we fell pg really quickly.

Unfortunately though there is no rule book and there is no point in rushing things if you aren't ready.

Good luck, H x
  • We tried straight away. Had mmc early november, had a chemical pregnancy in both february and march, than had to wait till june for a sticky bean. Now am 19 weeks and still don't really believe, hope I will believe it more after the 20 week scan.

I fell pregnant with my son first month, the pregnancy that ended in a mmc I fell in second month and after it took so long. Don't get dishearted, it will happen. Might not be soon, but it will happen.
  • Thank you Ladies, you have really reassured me. Good luck to you all and thank you X