Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Stopping the pill side effects (microgynon 30)

2»

Replies

• aslong as u went thats da main thing.yeh i wudnt blame u demanding a scan  esp if the otha tests doesnt give u an answer. plz let me know x

• Hi so doc phoned today hormone level on bloods r really low wich wud mean begining or end of cycle but as iv not had period in ten wks they cnt tel wer i am gta go bk in 2 wks for another blood test x
  • hi that helps.atleast they rang noramlly never ring back when they say they would x

• Only because i phoned up n receptionist sed oh ill get him to ring u bk lol. X
  • oh lol i swear i thought docs were surpose to help n they cant even pick up a phone x

• I took microgynon 30 for 3 months. I finshed my last pack on december 2012 and got my withdrawal bleeding. In Jan 2013, my period was delayed by a week and it was pretty heavy. My second period is already 76 days late and am still waiting image. I have taken pregnancy tests and all have come negative. Anyone with similar experience please share it with me as it will hopefully calm me down. Am not very stressed out as I know if am stressed, I wont get it but still its in the back of my mind imageimage 

• hi that helps.atleast they rang noramlly never ring back when they say they would x

• i came off the pill last month and i too feel rough. for the last two days i feel sick and even heave alot and im so tired also getting very uncontrolable mood swings. for the first time ever i seen my ovulation symptoms this month, last thursday when i went for a wee and went to wipe this stringy discharge stuck to the tissue it was clear with a pinkish tint it was very elasticaited. i had unprotected sex the day before that and that day and the day after. dont think ive caught tho as i did a test today it was negative. so ive put my symptoms dwn to coming of the pill. i feel so different its unreal. i hope you all feel better soon and i hope i do to.
  • Stacey I've had exactly the same thing yesterday, I only came off the pill 2 weeks ago and I haven't had a day where I haven't felt like I was going to throw up or had a headache, Im not sure if it's because of just coming off the pill or something else x

• i am so glad I came across this site, u feel like you are the only one when you are going through it. i stopped taking the pill in march and since then I've felt sick, aching legs, headache, bad skin and low mood. I always thought trying for a baby was a happy time but I have never felt worse. I just hope it passes soon 

• Hi I came off the pill mic 30 on the 24/06 and had a heavy period on the 27/0I I am trying to find out your menstrual cycle Is 21days taking these pills or 28days x 

• So glad I came across this forum!! sashabean2 I had very very similar symptoms to you when I came off the pill 6 months ago and these have been ongoing. Last months my boobs enlarged and hurt immensely and with ovulation at day 30 I was sure that the pain, lightheadedness etc had to mean I was pregnant however it came back a BFN! I notice your post was in 2012 but I would be interested to see where you are at now and if you have been successful in becoming pregnant???  image

• Hi all, I came off the same pill 3wks ago, since then I've had a normal period ever since then have not felt myself, dizziness, light headed, feeling sick, going off food. How long till this feeling passed for you all? Sophie x

• Hello, went into hospital on 19/11 for feelings of sickness, not all there in my mind, feeling very out of it and increased heart rare and got sent away! Put up with these feelings until 13/01 and had a very bad breakthrough bleed then it suddenly hit me that it was my microgynon 30, went to the doctor and she told me to come off it mid-pack, still feel no better and think I started my withdrawal bleed yesterday 15/01, like Sophie I want to know how long it takes to feel myself again? Still feeling sick, weak, gone off food, feeling very out of it and very emotional, thank you. Amy x

• Amyah I had just the same, where I was getting increased heart rate, crying all time etc, which I thought was stress of work and missing family etc but I seemed to  be able to deal with these things all before without feeling like that - then I read about how other people had had the same symptoms and thought it to be the pill and so came off of it (I was on Microgynon 30 for 10 years) so I saw the nurse about it and did this and felt better for a month really then had my period (was 32 days from start of withdrawal bleed) then after period finished mid of last week started to not feel great again and now have some anxiety and increased heart rate at times and crying all time again plus appetite has gone (which is stresses me out as and is probably vicious circle and then not eating as much probably makes you feel worse too).  I hope this all settles and I can get back to feeling normal soon ! 

I see these posts were all some time ago so would be great to get some responses from people as to how long it took them to feel better again !

xx

• I started taking the pill when I was 12 because I had heavy, very painful periods which lasted about a week straight. It took away all my symptoms which was great. I'm 23 now and over the years I've been dealing with a lot of dizziness and fanting sometimes and I can't even walk/stand for long without feeling crapy. So many doctors appointments and tests later, I still don't know the cause, so the doctor suggested coming off the pill as that might be causing me to feel dizzy etc. I came off the pill halfway through my strip 2-3 weeks ago I think, I had a tiny bit of bleeding a day or two later but that's it so far. But I've been having major painful cramps, an upset stomach, my back is very painful and my acne has got even worse (I had bad acne when I was 12 and onwards) and even with acne tablets it's still not getting better. No idea when I'll get my first real period again, depends on the person but im not looking forward to it because the first two days I was on, I cried it was that painful, I couldn't do anything except lie down. 

• OMG I read all the comments and im also experiencing the same symptoms I was on the pill for two months from march the 1st to April 19 and so I decided I wanna get off it. Omg guys I feel so alone and my breast feel so tender and my belly bottom feel like im having non stop cramps im tired all the time as soon as I eat I wanna sleep I also feel like im shutting everybody out like I just wanna be alone but then comes the migraines non stop then its gone then it comes back like how long do I have to wait to get back to normal I feel so weird out its night now and I cant even sleep cause I was wondering if this normal I hate this feeling someone please what should I do