Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

May be delaying TTC :-(

Hi as some of you know we were planning to start TTC as soon as I have had my next period, due in around 3 weeks time... As much as we are both desperate to be parents I'm just not sure if my anxiety levels are ready to cope with the stress/worry of being pregnant again so soon ;-( My heart says-go for it you will be fine this time but my head I think is telling me to wait another month or two. I don't want to rush into it and end up wishing I had waited- not that I would ever 'regret' it whenever/however it happened. I know waiting an extra month or two it the grand scheme of things isn't long I just can't help but feel I've waited long enough!

Not sure what the point in posting this was as I know ultimatley(sp?) it only me(and russel) who can decide! But what do u girls think? Be honest-I won't be offended. Thankyou xxx

Replies

• Why not just go with the flow and not be obsessively TTC. I know with everything thats happened you are sure to worry. I think no matter how long you leave it you still will worry and thats totally natural.
    I say go with your heart hon, you'll be great parents!
    S xx
  • Aw hun, i can't begin to imagine how you feel and like you say it's a decision only you and hubby can make. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself, what will be will be (sorry, i realise how cliche that sounds).

If it was me i would just take one day at a time, don't TRY to conceive, but don't fight it either - just see what happens. When it's right, it'll happen for you. Whether thats now or on 6 months time, i think its only normal that you would worry.

Either way hun, you can chat to us any time! x
  • Oh hun that's such a toughie

I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must for you after what happened with Darcey (sp?) but my gut feel is that you'll have to have a think about yours (and Russell's) motivation for waiting.

I know its completely different and nowhere near as big a deal but when me and DH were talking about whether to TTC now or put it off for another few months we forced ourselves to sit down and own up to what made us want to put it off - on my part it was the hugeness of what we'd be embarking on and all the extra worry that comes with it and for DH it was the worry of such a big change in our lives....

But once we'd owned up to it we realised that none of those fears were going to go away by waiting a few months and actually its natural to be scared/worried about making such a big decision.

So, what I'm trying to say (sorry for rambling) is it's perfectly OK to put it off but just make sure that if you are doing that you're happy with why you're putting if off. If another month or two will help you feel better about it then definitely do it, but if you'll still feel as scared two months down the line then maybe its not the right thing..?

OK stopping rambling now. Sorry if that didn't make much sense - I had a point when I started typing!

xxxx

oh and ps - remember we're all here for you what ever your decision - that's the beauty of a pre-TTC forum! xx:\)
  • I agree with the girls - the more relaxed you are, the more likely it will happen and if it doesn't happen straight away then you wont be getting mad at yourself for not getting pg. You're a brave girl and you've been through so much - your body will let you know when it's the right time x
  • Yeah that an idea, don't obsesively TTC but don't use anything to prevent it! That could be a plan! That way im letting my body decide when its ready i guess... Mind u knowing me I'd probably still end up obsessing LOL oh well I suppose I'm just going to have to think about and talk to russel. Afterall there's no hurry-we r both still young( as EVERYONE likes to remind us! LOL anyway thanks girls and I'll keep u updated on what we decide. Xx
  • Good luck hun - we're all here if you need us x
  • hi Ceilidh - please dont take this the wrong way but i think you need to make sure you have properly grieved for Darcey before trying again. it sounds to me like maybe you need a little more time. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that - equally there's nothing wrong if you feel ready to go ahead with things now - but just try and make sure you know your own feelings (and your OH's obviously)
    whatever you decide, we hope you stick around here and obsess with us anyway image
  • Hi there,

What a difficult decision, from what i have read you have been through so much.
    What does your OH say about it? could only suggest talking about your feelings so you are both 100% sure what you want. In the meantime this forum is a great place to chat x x
  • So I think we have decided to just 'go with the flow'. We talked about it and I've done some thinking...

Mrs Raf-don't worry I agree with what u have said. I think that's the reason I was questioning the decision to ttc another baby so soon, that and I'm just terrified things will go wrong again. I guess I just want someone to say ' don't worry next time everything will work out well and after 9 months of a perfect pregnancy you will hold a healthy baby in your arms and together as a family live a happy healthy life' and I know nobody can garentee any off that! ;-( but you know what I think it's worth the risk... I'm so desprate to be a mum, and I know I'm young but Ive spent the best part of a year pregnant and still I have no baby to care for ;-( yes I have to angels up in the sky but I really would like a child of my own to be here with me! I know that no matter how long I leave it I'm going to worry... I just don't trust my body to keep my babies safe. But a life with no children is not for me, so I won't give up, no matter what.

Sorry if I've come across as slightly opinionated! It's just hard not to be angry sometimes, I miss being pregnant soo much... As much as I moaned about the sickness( I had it up until 18 weeks then again towards the end of pregnancy) the sore ribs!(god that killed) LOL I loved it and I really do miss, I would be pregnant my whole life if I could! And even more I miss my baby girl, I feel so angry that her life was taken away.

Oh and by the way don't worry... I will stick around here whater the final decision/outcome is. I'm waaaaay to addicted now to leave! Hehe xxx thanks again guysimage x
  • Minnieggs(love them) LOL Russel says he is happy so long as I am.... Xx
  • CeilidhA- Don't apologise for being opinionated, you have every right to be angry, i can't imagine how you must feel. You have had so much to cope with. I wish you both luck with going with the flow! x x
  • but you know what I think it's worth the risk...

i totally agree!

things dont always happen as they should (or as you deserve) but that doesn't mean it wont happen for you eventually or that you should stop trying

::: big hugs :::
  • CeilidhA hun, don't worry about being opinionated - you've got every right to be!

You have been through the most horrendous time and I would just say go with whatever feels right for you and Russell and sod everyone else.

Wishing you all the luck in the world sweety - and please stay here with us regardless of whetehr you decide to put it off or not.

In fact I think I'll be sad when anyone leaves our little 'home' think people should only be allowed to graduate from Pre-TTC if they firmly promise to stay in touch...? xxxxx
  • Well that's us decided!image we will be officialy TTC as soon as I have my next period, which is due in 12 days!... So the countdown begins!!!!!!

Just decided to ignore all the negative comments, and realise I'm going to worry whether I fall pregnant next month or next year! Had been worrying about ?? aswell as with Russel being of work we have been really struggiling to keep up with bills etc but russels back to work on monday so hopefully we will catch back up! And we have most of the baby stuff we would need, I've got plenty maternity clothes( possibly to many!) LOL At the end of the day money isn't everything, you always manage to get by somehow.

Yey I feel a little excited! Thankyou girls! And mrs scott... Off course I will stick around here, I probably won't want to leave, even when I get my bfp! Xxxx
  • hurrah and huzzah - really pleased for you sweety. You seem really happy with your decision. Let the BDing begin!!!! xxxx