Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Eeek!

My husband asked me last night if "THE DATE" is movable. I told him I didn't see why not - we'd picked it randomly, but I'd still like to try next year - thinking he was scared by it all and thinking of putting it back.

He looked at me funny, gave me a hug and said that he's so excited about it he doesn't think he can wait till May!!! I was practically knocked off my feet with shock! A massive wave of fear hit me and I burst into tears!!!

I told him that I'd think, but that I don't want to change it right now. He said some sweet things about it being easy for him to say he wants to bring it forwards because it doesn't change his life as much as mine and it being most important that I was comfortable and he just wanted to let me know that he is 100% ready for it now. My heart almost broke - I was so full of love for him and so happy that I'm with such an amazing and lovely man.

I'm not sure how I feel this morning, but I feel less certain about the original date and a certain excitement building up in me. May's a long time off and maybe bringing it forward to the spring will work. I'm certainly not quite ready yet. Who knows, eh?

Replies

• Hi maybe see how you feel in the new yaer. We brough ttc for our first forward by 2 months. I think its natural to feel both excited and nervous about it. x
  • I find it quite funny - stereotypes say I should be the one trying to bring it forward and he should be the one that's scared lol

apple_jack - that's what I figured. He suggested bringing it forwards to the new year and I said that means I've got several months to make my mind up on it!!!

Mind you part of me has always been screaming "why wait - do it NOW!!!" while the other part's being all sensible and grown-up about it all!