Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

After withdrawal bleed

Evening ladies,

I took my last pill a week ago Thursday and had my withdrawal bleed last Tuesday - Friday, as normal. Obviously I didn't start taking my pill again last Friday and today I have fairly heavy spotting.

This may sound like a silly question, but is this normal??? I know it's going to take a while for my body to get back to normal (was on the pill 11 years), but I never used to get any really before going on the pill, or while on it obviously! If anything, I was expecting to wait ages before I saw a thing!

Any other advice on what to potentially expect too would be gratefully receieved - it's been a long time since my body's been my own and I'm really not used to it! image

Thanks xx

Replies

• I finish my last pill tonight and as usual will be greeted with AF on Monday through to Friday (when I would usually go back on my pill but not this time yey). I am not sure what to expect myself either. I shall let you know how I get on though. Is your first period after pill classed as withdrawal bleed (like mine due Monday) or do you have an extra bleed like yourself :\? :\? God I have a lot to learn ha xx

http://dvcf.daisypath.com/Dakcp1.png

http://davf.daisypath.com/i8JUp1.png

• last time i came off my pills i didint bleed after my withdrawel but then again i didnt ov until CD56 image

what i found was that i was convinced i was pregnant until AF arrived on CD67! i felt sick, i was bloated, grumpy, emotional had every symptom going, i was on the pill for 10 years before stopping and for me it was quite a come down, having said that a lot of ladies have no problems and go straight to normal cycles,

the bleeding may just be your body getting used to the lack of madmade hormone in your sytem, i would keep a diary to see if theres any pattern in the changes to your body x
  • Thanks for your replies.

I have started recording in my diary as I want to find out how regular my cycles are for when we start trying. Lucikly it only lasted 2 days but trying to remember to always have something with me when out is interesting - I'm really so used to knowing exactly when my period will be! No white trousers for me for a while! image
  • took me about 2 months for cycles to regulate. hope it happs quickly bit dont worry its all normal. xx