Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nervous and Scared

Hi all,
I am a 33 year old woman with two teenage children. Myself and my partner have decided to have a new baby but I am worried about a few things.
At an early age ( well before I was 16) I had a very large cyst on my ovary removed, this was followed closely by blocked tubs and more growths on my ovaries.
My 1st child was premature and after he was born I was advised that I would never have another child. More ops followed ( 3 x colposcopies and 2 x laporoscapies) I had an 18 month constant period and then conceived with my second child. Since her birth in 1997 I have been on and off the depo provera mainly to try and control the bleeds and extreme lack of hormones. In the last eight years I have not had a period and now I have been off the depo since October 2009 and still have not had a period. I am booked in to see my gp next week but am really scared that I may not be able to have another baby. I know there are women out there who have never been able to have one and I am probably selfish to desperately want another but we feel the time is right and we are so excited I don't want to come down to earth with a bang

Replies

• Options
    Grrr, I've been trying to reply for a while but BE keeps eating my posts. Trying again...

I am basically saying that I hope you get good news from your GP. Just keep the PMA alive - after all you were told you would never have a second child and you proved the doctors wrong, so you can do it again now.

It isn't selfish to want another child, I have a lo and am desperate for another - we just have some more love to give!

I really hope things work out alright for you, good luck at docs. xx
  • Options
    Can't really help but just wanted to say good luck at the doctors, I really hope everything goes well for you. It isn't at all selfish to want another child and I am thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed! B x