Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Newbie having a wobble...

Hi ladies,

This is my first post! About to start TTC this month but having a wobble... Anyone else feel the same?? I've been so excited and impatient but feel a bit ambivalent now. Also, my partner just found out that he might be working abroad for a few months... I'm worried about coping in the first months with conceiving or not, which is daft because it's not like we won't be able to talk! Anyone else about to TTC and feeling a bit anxious? x

Replies

• Oh definitely! The thought is one thing - the reality a whole other kettle of fish! I've found I suddenly realised that this was huge. What if my husband loves our child more than me? What if I don't like motherhood? What if I can't get pregnant?.... so the list goes on. It has passed for me now. Chatted it all through with my hubby who was fab about it and we're working on the 'if they come along it is a great addition, if not we're still happy with how life is'. Still have mini panics every now and then though! Just keep talking to your other half!
  • Oh yes ... just finished our first month of TTC. I was SO excited and then the first time we BD'd and OH ejaculated inside me (sorry TMI) I freaked! Wrong time to worry I know. I was thinking "what am I doing?!" and wondering if we were really ready, how we're going to afford it, how will I cope without sleep (I REALLY need my sleep!) etc etc etc.

Now I've discussed my worries and I feel excited again! I think it's totally natural to doubt what you're doing. It's completely life-changing but remember all the reasons you decided to TTC.
  • You're right ladies. And wise advice! Thanks!