Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scan Update

Hi all we've just got back from the hospital and thankfully everything is fine! Got a little tense as the sonographer told me my bladder was so full it was distorting the image, she showed us what she thought was the pregnancy sac and then asked me to empty my bladder so she could do an internal scan. It took her ages to find our baby and I can honestly say I was scared and then all of a sudden she turned the screen around and showed us the heartbeat, phew! Baby Allen measures 7+5 atm, so that puts us 5 days behind what are dates say. We'll have to see what we measure at our 12 week scan!

We're both so relieved!!! Really thought for a moment we'd lost Baby Allen! x image

Replies

• Fantastic, thats great news!!!must have been so amazing to hear that heartbeat!! xxxx
  • Woohooo bet you were beaming!!x
  • I didn't hear it unfortunately I just saw it, was a tiny flicker! Amazing! I'm so relieved but at the same time it's now longer to 12 weeks!

Mrs A 8+3 or 7+5 ??? x
  • Ahh that's great news Mrs A, now you can relax x
  • Confusing re the dates though!!

• That's great Mrs Allen, I had exactly the same with my daughter- I had a scan at 5 weeks and they couldn't see much so went back at 7weeks and they couldn't see anything with a normal scan so they did an internal and there she was...hiding!!! It's so scary isn't it? But then the relief when you see them and that lovely flashing heart beat!!! Congrats again...not long till 12 week scan now, then you'll be amazed how much they have grown!

xxxxxx
  • Woohoo!!! Great news MrsA!!! Can't wait to see some scan piccies!!! xx
  • That's great news Mrs Allen. Congrats!
    x

(ps I'm a fellow March bride from YAYW)
  • And I know I got a +ive OV test on 15th May, which suggests I ovulated 16th May. So should have concived around then not 4-5 days later!

• well, they reckon the little swimmers can live inside you for 7 days, so perhaps thats what happened? Or perhaps the measurements are wrong- I know they're not spot on, they were always out for me to be honest.

xxxxx
  • Mrs Allen from YAYW?? Congratulations sweety! I'm so chuffed for you! xxxxxxx
  • Congrats MrsAllen image
  • Congratulations MrsAllen, I'm glad you and bean are fine. My friends date keeps altering by a few days everytime she goes for a scan, shes had a few due to bleeding. Maybe bean will take a growth spurt and catch up on his/her dates?! xx
  • Yes It's me Mrs Allen from YAYW got hitched in March! Am I being stalked, lol?

Thanks for all your lovely messages ladies really means a lot! xxx
  • Not at all lol! Just wondered! image x
  • TIL are you TTC at mo??? If so buckets full of baby dust your way, you really deserve it! x
  • hurray! glad to hear it Mrs A! x
  • Yeah me too! God I'm neurotic! x
  • Yay, brilliant news Mrs A!! Don't worry too much about the dates x
  • Mrs A, that happened to me too but unfortunately they will always go by sizes on scans so I was put back from what I thought I should have been, When Lucas arrived 10 days late he was so obviously overcooked, loads of hair, long eyelashes, finger and toe nails so long they curled under!!! According to them I got my very strong positive at 3 + 5, which i suppose is positive but it came up in a matter of milliseconds!!! As baby grew I was measuring further on, by almost a week which makes much more sense!!! Don't worry tho, in the end it wont make much difference.