Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

When did you realise....

.....you were broody?

As you all know I had my DD when I was 17, unplanned. After I had DD, the thought of other children never crossed my mind.After I met my soon2b husband and seen how much of a great step daddy he is and how much dd loves him , it really made me swell with love. It really put me in the notion and made me realise I didn't want DD to be an only child. It doesn't help now that dd is demanding a little sister to play with!! It sealed the deal when oh mentioned how he would love kids. That was a year ago, so now my broodiness is worse than ever. What about you ladies, when did yo 'know'??

Replies

• I've always known that i wanted to have children, but i've been especially broody since we got married. Hubby was in the army until just over 2 years ago and i always said i didn't want him to be an absent father so it wasn't really on our immediate radar until he left. Then we got married and have talked about it almost daily since then!!

Lots of things have made us wait until we have, but we know that come September we'll be in a great position to TTC. We do occasionaly regret waiting as long as we have (like when hubby's mum passed away) but generally speaking we're comfortable with the choices we've made! xx
  • I started thinking about it seriously after we got married, before then thought we would wait a few years!! very strange! when our nephew was born i think that got us!,he is so lovely . We said within a year of the wedding and that's still what we are aiming for now x
  • Awww loving hearing your stories girls, keep them coming x

Minieggs, your avatar makes me hungry!!
  • Sorry missfancyshoes, i could just eat some now aswell! x
  • well i never thought i was bothered by having kids until 4 years ago when hubby's niece was born - everyone (including her mother) said she was funny looking - i thought she was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen!

then i started getting a bit broody just before we got married - mostly because i can imagine hubby being an amazing father

but i would have to say i finally felt ready to have kids about 2 months ago when my friend had her baby - that's when the switch flicked on :lol:
  • Me and OH had only been together a year when i got pg by accident last Sept - we'd discussed how we did want a family but at the time it wasn't at the forefront of our mind - the mc devastated us and made us realise how we wanted to be a family as soon as we could. The 2nd mc has made us more determined but we've also come to terms with the fact we can't rush it now and we need some time out for a few months!
    The fact that so many of my friends are pg now (one actaully had her little boy 2 weeks ago) has made me even broodier and i keep thinking 'i want to be like that NOW!!'
  • I see where you are coming from fairyfaye, I see pregnant people and think I want that NOW too image. But I'll be patient for now, at least until after the wedding, then god help ohimage
  • After having my 3 I never expected to have another baby, I was so suprised when I started getting broody last year, DH is the same, he never wanted children with his ex-wife but in the last year has got broodier! In fact it was his suggestion that we TTC next year!
  • Well, I've always wanted kids but I got broody about spring 2007, we had been 6 months in our new house, both had jobs and were settled. We had Lucas march 2008 and basically have been broody from the moment he was born!!! I actually said, I want to do that again! when he was about a day old despite the fact that I had a bad labour (when i say bad it was bad because i didnt progress and lucas got distressed not because i couldnt cope with the pain) and c-section!! Over the last month or so I have seriously thought about when we'd have no 2 and now we have decided it will be this year, in about 6 months time.
  • I wouldnt have said either of us having been broody for that long, we've been enjoying life I guess! We had started talking about when just before we got engaged, but always wanted to wait till after the wedding, and not start on honeymoon, but way after!

Then earlier this year we met friends, and their adorable one year old, and we were both smitten, and getting a little broody. Little did we know that day OHs dad had been taken ill. Sat talking in the dark most of the night trying to reassure OH about his dad, and he was going to pull through, and out of the blue he said I want my dad to meet his grandchildren, my grandfathers both died before I was born.

That was it, we both realised it was straight after the wedding we wanted to start trying. So I think its more been a gradual thing for us... but I'm alright with that, otherwise I'd be desperate to be pregnant right now image
  • For me I have ALWAYS been obbsesed with being a mum, babies and bumps! For as long as I can remember... All my friends at school always used to say I would be the first one to be settled down and with kids! As it turned out they were wrong... And infact the friend in my 'group' who we all said would be the last, fell pregnant at 15! She was devastated-she did not have a maternal bone in her body! By the time u admitted she was pregnant she was 27 weeks gone and abortion was not an option( thank god in my opinion) anyway I've gone off track! LOL she had the baby( a wee girl, she's 3 now! Omg I feel old. Hehe....

Anyway all though I have always been obsessed... I would never have gotten pregnant until I was in a stable 'proper' relationship.... So when I met Russel and realized he was 'the one' my obbsesness(sp?) stepped up a notch. When I fell pregnant the first time that was officialy 'unplanned 'although not unexpected by anyone! Everyone was devastated for us when we lost that wee one, so yeah eversince we lost the first baby we have both been pritty obsessed! X