Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

OPK's...Which ones??

I am thinking about buying one of the OPK's out there, but I have no idea which one to get or if they are any good at all...

I'm new to all this jargon, etc so finding it very confusing & difficult to find out about, just in case I get anyones hopes up...

Any help would be great

Replies

• Umm not sure if I can help but the clear blue fertility monitor is meant to be very good. It's usually referred to as cbfm on here.
  • Im getting the CBFM in Jan-going to get it on ebay though to save some pennies.
  • Thanks...I have actually bought the Clear Blue Digital Ovulation testing kit, so I'll see how it goes...fingers crossed! x x
  • I have the clear blue ovulation test (digital one).
    I have used it on this cycle and i found i ovulated much later than i previously thought!
    Few more days till testing so we'll see if its done the trick!

Amazon is also good for the CBFMs around ??60 rather than ??100 in boots!

http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/36/3614/361413.png

• I read somewhere that the saliva ones are a better predictor than the wee on stick ones. And they're much cheaper too and compketely re-usable. Of course this is all stuff I've read I have no personal experience myself! I think amazon do one (looks like a lipstick) and its only about ??16 I think
  • Today was the 1st test & no smiley face...it was a day earlier than it told me to, but I was too excited.

Maybe tomorrow image xx
  • I read somewhere that the saliva ones are a better predictor than the wee on stick ones. And they're much cheaper too and compketely re-usable. Of course this is all stuff I've read I have no personal experience myself! I think amazon do one (looks like a lipstick) and its only about ??16 I think

Reusable OPK???? Where!

Edit: Oh, microscopes thing? I don't know I could trust my lab skills there.... and I have a science degree!

[Modified by: Adelicia on December 02, 2009 10:06 PM]

Edit Edit: Hang on, the more I read the cooler this thing sounds. I kinda want one now!

[Modified by: Adelicia on December 02, 2009 10:19 PM]

[Modified by: Adelicia on December 02, 2009 10:19 PM]

• They look really cool don't they?