Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OMG Weird!

Ok, ok you're all going to think I'm a total weirdo but I still have a wee squeeze of my boobs every so often to see if there's any milk still there (stopped feeding 3 months ago). For the last month there has been nothing but crusty spots (TMI)...today it seems my milk is back!!! It has no colour granted but its milk none the less!!! WTF!!! Could it be because I stopped the pill or something? I'm def not pregnant, I've only been off the pill 2 days!!! I'm so weirded out now and worried that I won't OV if I still have milk!!! Eek!

Replies

• i'm sure it must be the hormone changes from coming off the pill hun

dont have any first-hand experience though :\)
  • i have read that some pills reduce milk production but this one wasn't supposed to be one of them..oh well, maybe it does a little!!! This was my one worry tho, that BF would affect OV etc!! Prob worrying over nothing tho...lol (and to think of all those promises I made only yesterday, should have added not worrying to that list!!!).
  • Hi LC,

Dont have any experience so cant really comment but I wouldnt worry, if you are concerned you could always go to your doctors but am sure it is just your hormones etc.

Did you breast feed for a long time with Lucas? x
  • Yup, 14 months in total...he's 17 months now.
  • Hey LC - when I came off the pill - i had leaky boobs for about 2mths. I was on dianette for 7yrs and that gave me leaky boobs during the pill-free/break week every single month (the first time it happened when I was 16 I was mortified!!)
    When I switched to Yasmin 3yrs ago - it stopped (hallalujah!).....then when I finished the pill it May it came back with a vengence - normally at night.
    Thankfully its stopped now image))

Defo something to do with hormone imbalance
    xx PP84 (5days to go) xx