Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

hello :D

finally after months of being broody me and oh have decided to start ttc in september im so excited but also a little neervous as its only oh who works im wondering what im going to do for money while im og does anyone have any advice !? i really want to be excited but im nervous about money ...

any advice useful!!! xxxx

Replies

• Hello :\)

How exciting! Good luck TTC.
    Not sure what to say about money, except that there are some ways you can save - 2nd hand baby gear, washable nappies, making your own baby food when weaning etc. We got a few bits 2nd hand from friends and I also made lists when pg of what we'd need, then waited for offers (eg triple points at Boots, money off etc) before I bought stuff.

Hopefully others might have some good tips too.
    MLT
  • Hi mummytink!

Welcome to our broody forum - there are lots of us ttc from Sept image

• thankyou for the replies ladies im so excited really cant wait ... we are ttc in sep as lo will be one which i think is a good age gap!! anybody else have lo's already?

xxx
  • welcome to the Broody Bunch mummytink

::imageends over a welcome basket of pram catalogues, folic acid, prawns, camembert, wine and OPKs :::

• Hello hun, we'll be trying in September too!! It's natural to worry but as the age old saying goes - 'you'll manage'!! xx
  • Hi mummytink, I'm going to be a sept ttc'er too. I have a dd who is 5 in august. Have you thought about doing Avon or something like that for a wee bit extra cash? I think everyone worries about money, you're not alone, but we will manage. After my wedding I'm seriously reining in my budget for everything to get ready for baby. You won't have much to get if you kept things from your first lo, which is half the battle. Welcome to our little forum xx
  • thanks girls its taken us ages to decided to ttc again i wanted to when lo was only 5 months but oh said he didnt ... only last night did he tell me why he is so reserved about having another he said hes scared hell loose me ... i had a difficult birth with lily ending in a emergency c section as my blood pressure dropped rediculously low .. how do i reassure him ... i feel awful for kind of piling on the pressure ... we will be goign straight in for a c section this time around .

thankyou fancyshoes , yeah luckily we've kept almost everything from first lo although ost of the clothes are pink so might be difficult if its a boy heheh xxx
  • lol poor lo if it is a boy, he will need to learn to like pink image Clothes wouldn't be so bad to replace, its the cost of the big things I can't get over, like prams. My oh just about passed out when I told him the price of some of the stuff. LOL.

Maybe you and oh should go to a doctors appointment together and let the doctor tell him the facts about c-section etc?? Just to reassure him ? Like a pre-ttc appointment? Sorry thats all I can come up with at the mo xx
  • haha i know its rediculously pricey stuff i have lilys old pram but suppose well need a pram for two !!! lol ... i wont mention tht to oh just yet ... he doesnt need anything else to put him off!! the doctor thing is a good idea ill suggest that later image xx
  • Hi and welcome Mummytink! image xx