Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

got 1st scan booked !!

hi all

well 1st scan is booked for 19th nov i'll be 8 wks by then i'm 5+1 wks today , i'm struggling with my emothions i'm so happy about this new baby as its given us something to focus on and a reason for me to look after myself propley ,
as after i lost charlie i started smoking again and not eating and with my past histroy my hubby was a bit worried (i was anorexic for 6years ) having my kids made me better but when i'm stressed out or unhappy i dont eat , i'm trying really hard now to eat and i'm not smoking ,

i sat at charlies grave the other day and sobbed for what seemed like forever i feel guilty to him if i think aboput this new life indide me then i feel guilty for this new life as all i think about is charlie its like a rollercoaster that i'm stuck on and i cant get off ,

the midwife that looked after us when we lost charlie is still in contact with us she said charlie gave us this baby as he was born on the 23rd of aug af came on the 23rd of sept and this baby will be deliverd by section on the 23rd of june so its charlies way of saying this is ment to be and is from him , i miss him every day and somedays find it so hard , but hopefully this new litle life will help complete my family , but one thing i know it will never replace my darling charlie whom i'll love forever and ever , vicki xx
ps hope u dont mind but i'm not ready to go to preg forum i'd like to stay here if thats ok xxxx

Replies

• Hi Vicki,

Glad to hear you've got a date for scan, hopefully it will come around quickly. I can imagine you will be finding things hard. Try to stay focused and positive. You do not need to feel quilty, Charlie will have wanted you to have another baby, he will want his mummy to be happy... Your midwife is right.

And offcourse you can stay in this forum! It is for pregnant angel mummies to! And besides I am looking forward to hearing about your symptoms and bump etc, so you can't leave... Lol

Take care xxx
  • Hi Vicki,
    Great news about the scan! What a great midwife you have!! I think she has a point that Charlie or fate had this all planned out for you.
    Of course you have to stay with us!!!!!! You have no idea how much hope you are giving me just now for the future x
  • Hi Vicki,

I agree with everyone else, you should stay in this forum. And like WOOLY said you're giving the rest of us hope!! I'm really happy for you xx
  • Hi Vicki

I insist you stay on this forum!!!!! I requested it for ttc and pg after bereavement. I think we need somewhere of our own as our emotions are going to be very different and I think our worries may be hard for some people to fully understand elsewhere. By all means visit the other forums if and when you feel ready but please keep us posted here too!!!
    Pleased to hear you have a scan booked at 8 weeks. The early signs are good that you will be looked after. Take good care of yourself.

George35, x
  • Oh it must be so hard but it's wonderful if this new little life inside of you is helping make sure charlie's mummy takes good care of herself.
    I know from a wanting to concieve point of view all the guilt and excitement and can only guess at how much harder it is for you now, but you are pregnant because you are meant to be and whether Charlie was here on earth or is there in heaven, he would never want his mummy to be unhappy, you're dates sound like a beautiful sign and please don't feel guilty for celebrating a new life, nobody would think it meant you'd stopped loving Charlie (or any of your other children for that matter)
    look after yourself and I hope the scan goes well. take care x