Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

fao xlittlemissx

Hi

Havent posted this on baby as sometimes it gets heated and this is just my opinion but i think 41/2 months is too early to wean.

I just kept upping how much milk they had, before bed they would have 11oz.

The reason they recommend waiting till 6 months is that a chemical change occurs in the gut sometime between 4 and 6 months. and there is no way of telling when it happens, signs such as looking for food etc are not signs that the change has occured. it will have happened by 6 months and the longer you wait the better.

thats just my feelings on the subject but if you do they recommend just simple foods like apple puree.

hope they are doing well.

take care

Replies

• thanks hunny for your reply. I am receiving alot of comments from friends who have kids and family who keep saying i should do it now, (as in their day etc etc). This is one of the main reasons i am considering it just to stop the comments! I am more against it and would prefer to wait until 6 months, but how do you manage to get people to stop saying "why dont you feed them rusks before bed, baby rice in the morning, they are way past when i weaned my child etc etc etc"
    i think i just need to be stronger and remind myself they are my children!

Anyway how are you sweetie? I am so sorry to hear about little ted. i cant even start to imagine how you and your family are feeling, but would just like to say i send you heaps and heaps of hugs and to let you know i am thinking of you.
    xxxx
  • Hi

I had the same prob with my family i just used to say 'well you were advised to put baby on tummy with lots of blankets' but new information has shown us babies are beta on their backs and its the same with weaning, they think the rise in food allergy cld be because of early weaning, etc etc also rusks often contain gluten and are high in sugar so they are def best to wait till 6 months. Def agree about being tought tho do what you want, they are your boys and you know best.

Regards Ted thanks, we have a cause of death now which is meant to help but feeling very lost atm guess its still early days.