Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Twins are different sizes

Hi Ladies,

I went for my 28week growth scan last week and it showed that twin 1 was not growing as fast as twin 2 (as far as I know the size of them both is still ok but twin 1 has just slowed down a little bit) so I have had 2 CTG tests and a dopler scan and they have come back normal.

The consultant doesnt seem bothered by these things so I know I should relax but for some reason i am getting myself worked up and worrying myself that it could mean there was some health problem with twin 1 like downs or something as we didnt have the nuchal tests.

Im not 100% sure why I am posting I think I just wanted to get it off my chest ..... I guess it is normal for them to grow at different speeds xx

Replies

• Options
    please try and not worry,both of my twins were different and when you think about it,they is only a limited space in your tum to grow,if the hospital is not worried then there is a reason for that,there i nothing to worry about
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much twins do grow at different rates as do all babies.

Our twins would speed up and slow down during gestation and never at the same time.

As long as the blood flow through both placentas is good all should be fine.

When our twins were born there was a 2lb difference nearly in weight but both are healthy just different builds!
    xx
  • Options
    thanks ladies..... i think i just had a stressful week with all the extra hospital visits and seeing so many different people who didnt seem to communicate with each other and i just got myself worked up and worried xx