Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No heartbeat on 8 week scan?

Hi Ladies

I was just wondering if anyone could answer my question for me?

Still cant believe we are having twins, very very exciting/scary/nerve wracking but its slowly starting to sink in.

When we had our scan at between 8-9 weeks (she didnt date) we had beanie 1 measuring at 2cm and beanie 2 measuring at 1.7cm. Is this normal to have a difference in size? And is it classed as a big difference? I am away at the mo with the internet literally at my finger tips so i have been reading EVERYTHING there is to know about twins (and then some) and i think i may have scared myself a little.

I have read about vanishing twin syndrome, and i know at the scan they found beanie ones heart beat but not beanie 2s but they didnt seem concerned at all about it. But now i have read up more, im a little concerned that as Beanie 2 is smaller, it is a bad sign?

Sorry to ramble on, but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Helen x

11+3 (i think)

Replies

• Options
    it depends on if they are id or non id with the sizes and regarding the heartbeat i would phone your MW and ask her about it,i had a early scan at 7wks and you could see both heartbeats but then if she didnt seem that bothered then i would try and not worry but i would deffo speak to your mw,sorry iam not much help :lol:

sarah
  • Options
    hi hun. That doesn't sound like a big difference to be honest. Our twins have measured differently throughout my pregnancy - sometimes quite a big difference, then one would catch up and it would only be a small difference!

Are they non-identical or identical?

We have a twin group on Facebook if you would like to join us? Loads of twin mummies and mummies to be & we don't mind answering questions & sharing experiences! Email me if you want hun.

Remember - Google can scare you sometimes.... the amount of things i've read on there i've often scared myself unnecessarily.

bit off topic but I like your username - I've got a good friend I call Hels Bels.... :lol:

xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

• Options
    Like the others said it really depends on if they are id or non-id. Im going to be honest, if they are id i would be worried as they should be at the same development even if one is slightly smaller. if its non-id its less worrying as you can ovulate over a long period so t2 cld have be concived later than t1.

really hope all is ok

take care

xxDBxx