Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Triple Screening Blood Test and Downs Syndrome and Facebook

Hi Everyone
Hope you are all well. I????m now 16 weeks and 1 day. Hopefully have another scan on 28th- last one was on 24th July and it feels so long ago- just want to see if everything is ok.

My Gyne doctor ordered a triple screening blood test to go along with the Nuchal T. measruements to see what the risk of Downs and other Chromosomal defects will be. Had the blood test a week and a half after the scan measurements were done and now there seems to be a problem with dates. The analysis people want to know the exact dates even tho I have given them everything I have. It????s now been 3 weeks since the blood test- I should have got the results last week and was told that they will be longer but they don????t know when they will be ready.

I read that the results of the serum (Triple Screening Blood) aren????t very reliable with twins because the hormone levels are much higher anyway.

Has anyone else had this test? I know my twins are ID, same placenta, separate sacs. There are 4 sets in my family already (2 on my dads and 2 on my mums). I????m just worried about these test results- I am meant to take them back to my Gyne next Thursday but I don????t have them- I????m keeeping the appointment tho, with the hope of having a scan.

I????d be really greatful for any advice.

PS- I????ve put some photos on Facebook- I????m CARLY SAMANTHA BOYNTON.

Replies

• sorry no advice really but my mw told me that they tend not to do tripple test when your pregnant with twins,incase the results come back as high risk as they wont be able to tell if its one twin or both of them, iam gonna be curious now to see if i have the tripple test.
    have you called your mw and told her what they have said,hope you get it sorted soon

sarah
    xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png