Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

When did you know it was twins?

Hello ladies

My name's Claire & I'm a mum of two boys (13 & 7) and expecting baby number 4. I had a miscarriage in July but happily conceived quite quickly afterwards although I've been getting some groin pain on and off. My GP sent me for a scan to be on the safe side and at 6-and-a-half weeks we could already see the heart beating! It was a lovely atmosphere in the room until the sonographer went quiet and I got quite worried. Then she explained that she wanted me to come back in 2 week's time for another scan because she could see another flicker. Although she didn't say it was definitely another heartbeat, she didn't rule it out either and I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies out there have experienced a similar scenario and what the outcome was. I don't have any "gut feelings" about it, just strange dreams and sleepless nights! I'd be very interested to hear your relevant stories.

Thanks for reading my post, Claire x

Replies

• I found out at exactly the same time 6 wks and 4 days - there were two heartbeats!

Em 20+4
  • Oh my goodness! I'm not sure what to think! Did they tell you it might be just interference and ask you to come back?

Getting nervous now!! x x x
  • At 12 weeks scan. Wasn't sure what to expect at scan. But I remember being convinced that they would say I was more than 12 weeks pregnant as I had symptoms which you would get a few weeks later in pregnancy. I now know that was because they found twins!:\)
  • Yes, I can empathise with that. I know how far along I am but feel like I'm further than I actually am. We'll just have to wait and see! X:\)
  • i had a early scan at 7 weeks due to bleeding and found out then,was a total shock but was over the moon

sarah

http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

• No there were very sure, no re-scan until 12 wk one which was when i was actually 10+6, and still 2 babies, lol. x
  • Wow! You're all so lucky. It would be lovely to have twins, esp twin girls as I already have two gorgeous boys. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! good luck to you all, ladies x x x
  • hi

i didnt have clue,went 4 early scan and i was almost 14weeks lol.

both beating away lol xx
  • Hi Claire,

I had an early scan at 6 weeks and 1 day and was told straight away that it was non ID twins then. You could quite clearly see two flutters. I was pretty shocked at the time but now think its the best thing that could have happened. Good luck and let us know what they say at your follow up scan.

Andi X