Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is 36 + 3 too early?

I have my section booked for my ID twins at 36 + 3. This was a decsision made by myself and my consultant. However, im starting to worry that this is too early.

Who has had ID twins? When were they delivered? I know I know some of you but cant remember gestation times for your pregnancies.

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 33 + 1

Replies

• well the longer there in there the better but i think 36wks is ok,daniel was 35wks and we stayed in hospital for 5 days,we were in our own room and he was in and out of a incubator for that time,was really nice been in the same room,so at 36wks they should be a good size

sarah
  • Thanx hun.

I have done a little bit of research on TAMBA and such like and many of them say that 36 weeks for ID twins is optimum and its best to keep singletons and non id twins in for as long as possible.

I suppose part of me wondered whether ive been a little pushy, and I know my consultant is crap, so theyve done this to keep me quiet!

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I may mention it at my next appointment as it will be my last one OMG!!

Thanx again hun xxx
  • Mine were non-id, but i was induced at 36+5 and delivered at 36+6, which was fine! Mine wanted me to wait until 37-38wks, but after the 36wk scan they said one twin had hardly grown since my last scan, so i demanded they get them out, dont worry about being pushy, and i think anytime after 36 wks is fine! We spent NO time in scubu and left hospital the next day. x
  • Throughout my pregnancy I was treated as non-ID as they said I had 2 sacs/placenta but turns out the were ID

I has a planned section at 36+4 and the girls both weighed 5lbs 6 1/2oz and didn't need any special care

Good Luck!
  • Thanx ladies.

Getting a bit scared now...not about the section really, just the aftermath for me and the boys. Im sure what will be will be and there is very little I can do to change the outcome - just have to be confident that, whatever the outcome, its for the best.

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 35 + 5 (5 days to go!)