Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Decisions, decisions mums with more kids after multiples

Hey twin mummy's....
need some help here!
Ive just separated the twins co-sleeping as they are almost 14 months and are really too big to be together. Yesterday they slept perfectly at nap time...and went down well at the night! They slept for 5hours and then Ella woke up and started crying her eyes out...woke Ruby up and wouldnt settle down...i gave up at 5am and put them in the cot together...today at nap time they wouldnt settle they just babbled...and winged which is what i expected yesterday. Do i just perservere and leave them to cry? Only they cry and i feel bad and im up and that. They are currently asleep in the same cot no fuss.....but im thinking im not teaching them much...if they cry i give them what they want...i know there only little but they pick up on stuff like that.

Also can i ask you ladies how old your multiples were before you had another baby? Sam wants to to trey again but i dont think im ready yet, i want to see the twins grow up more and be less tired all the time. I enjoy being in my normal clothes and not being pregnant. I still havent got the twins settled yet...they arent walking unaided yet and still sleeping in the same cot and using bottles.

Just wondering how much age gap you guys have between your LO's as i do want them to get on and not have too much of a gap between them. Im not sure if shud wait till the twins start school or at least until they are a little bit more independant....

Ive posted in planning a baby and december 08 group as some of my birth group are expecting again but they do not have twins just one baby.

Hope someone can give me some advice from experience thanks

x.x.x

Replies

• Hi!

I had another baby 13 months after having twins. This was unplanned but I wouldn't have it any other way now as they are so close. My twins are now 3, my dd is 2 and I am expecting my fourth in August.
  • Hi

We had a planned baby 17months after the twins and they are so close now its lovely, then had another planned baby when DS3 was 13months so had four under three, but sadly little Ted was too good for this world.

• Hey ladies.....
    well i found out why i was broody because im already pregnant due on Oct 1 hehe image So im pleased that you have all had positive experiences...there will be 21months difference between the girls and the new baby so it will be hard but it will be great image xxx