Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sister having twins

my sister is having twins due in may. i am quite worried about her and them, she is having fortnightly scans as the babies are sharing a placenta. at each scan the difference in the size of the twins is getting bigger (8cm and 11cm two weeks later 11cm and 15.5cm) is this normal? she has been having funny turns and has been told that she has low blood pressure but is being sent for an ECG next week, again is this normal? didnt know that low blood pressure has anything to do with ECG's. any ideas?

Replies

• Firstly congratulations on your sisters pregnancy. Fortnightly scans are quite normal with identical twins, as they are sharing a placenta. The main reason for the regular scans is to monitor the sizes. If they differ a great deal then it will be investigated as it is possible one baby is taking too much, thus not giving the other one enough. I have low blood pressure but at the moment it is not causing any problems....the ECG is probably just to double check everything is running smoothly. Sounds as though your sister is getting treated very well compared to some people I have spoken to.
    Remember to get your sister to ask as many questions as she needs for peace of mind.
    Take Care
    xxx