Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

20 week scan

Hi Everyone,
well i finally had my 20 week scan yesterday and was so pleased to see them both again, both were absolutely fine and moving all over the place ( twin one looked a bit squashed as twin two is lying on top,lol) they did all measurements etc and all came back normal i was so releived i seem to be worrying much more this time!!!!!!!!!
We had decided to find out the sex of the babies and at one poiint didn't think we would be able to as twin one had its legs cross well with a bit of prodding baby moved and i am having two........... BOYS!!!!!! HA HA i knew it!!!
Four boys in all!! i am destined to be up on a sunday morning on the side of a pitch watching them play rugby/ football, lol!!!!!!!!!!
Have next scan at 26 weeks can't wait to see them again!!
Hope everyones well
Lenniexx

Replies

• Hi Lennie,
    Congratulations on expecting boys, I already have a son and am secretly pining for boys too as I know what to do with them, plus there's the "mummy's boys" element, i love that my son and I are so close!! I've got my 20 week scan next Tuesday, we'll be finding out too if possible!! Congrats again and i'm glad all is going well xx
  • Hi girls,
    thanks for your replies!!!!
    Butterfly, my twins are non id total shock that there were two no twins on either side but now the shock has worn off i'm really excited and it feels so special to be having two!! As for finding out it is a really personal decision i didn't find out with my other two and if it had been another single pregnancy i wouldn't have but i just felt the need to be organised ( my youngest is only just 13 months) this time and also the suspense was killing me lol!!.
    Hope everything goes well with your 16 week scan you will have to let us know!
    Jackie, not long now i bet you can't wait, i know exactly what you mean about having boys was secretly really chuffed, totally a mum and boy thing ha ha!!!
    Saw the consultant after the scan and discussed labour options etc, have decided to try for a natural birth and was told that i will be induced at 37 weeks if haven't already delivered, was pleased as went to 42 weeks with my youngest and it was hell, also realised that this makes me already over halfway (woohoo)!!
    Hope all goes well with your scan, sending you lots of boy vibes!!!!!
    will make sure i log on next tuesday to see how you got on.
    take care both of you
    lennie xx
  • Hi Lennie,

That's great news that all was well at your scan and congratulations on two more boys! It was the other way around for me... we have a daughter already & are having two more girls!

You lot are so lucky to be discussing labour options already. I tried that with the consultant at my 24wk scan but he just said we will wait to see what position they are in A LOT later on!! I just hate not knowing, i could cope with either section or natural but i just want to know & prepare myself one way or the other. By the sounds of it i get no say in what type of delivery i'll have image

take care xx
  • Wow! Congratulations image

i can agree with you with the shock element, my grandad was a twin but we didn't expect to find out it was twins!

I have a dd who is 22 months, we didn't find out what we were having then but are hoping to this time. I'd like one of each and at the 12 week scan they thought one might me a boy.

I have a consultant appointment next week. I really don't want to go through another induction as had a bad experience with my dd. Hopefully the consultant will discuss it next week.

Lisa 16+5