Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pram question... :roll:

i was wondering if anyone could help me....
im having a real pram issue i bought a pram from mothercare (side by side) to realise it was far to big (87cm wide) so took it back!!! then my mil bought a side by side double buggy suitable from birth which is only 74cm wide so thought it would be okay but now we can start thinking of taking the girls out they are far to small to go in the double buggy!! i really want a phil and teds but wasnt sure if you can get one for two newborns ???
i have just seen on a website a phil and teds pram and from the description i get the impression you can use it for two newborns if you get carrycots for it?!!!!
i have also seen the britax -dual but looking at it im not sure if that can be used for two newborns!! i get quite confused by the way silly websites decribe prams :lol:
i was looking at the icandy pear but decided against it!!
xxxxx

Replies

• Can you buy cocoons or inserts for the double buggy you have so the girls are a bit more snug while they are small?

I don't think the P&T back seat lays flat enough for a newborn, even with a carrycot insert, but I may be wrong.

I don't know much about the Britax Dual so just googled it. It looks to me like the main seat would be fine from newborn but not too sure about the 2nd seat.

I can highly recommend the Nipper 360. You can use the P&T cocoons as inserts to make them more cosy from newborn. Might be worth a look on ebay to see if you can grab a bargain

xx
  • how wide is it? ive had a look and itlooks very similar to the one i got from mothercare. i thought the same about the britax b-dual my sister seems to think you can have two newborns but i cant imagine a newborn being in the second seat ile have to have a llok in to getting some cocoons for the buggy maybe but i really want another image i have seen one on ebay from poland where they are together in carrycots but not sure if i would trust getting one imported and i woud like to go and see what its like to push ect befor i bought it. fussy :lol:

xxxx
  • Hi Pinktwinnies,

after many many weeks and sleepless nights of the saga that is twin buggy buying, we decided on the new 2010 Mountain Buggy Duo. Its only 73 cm wide so fits through most doors and is suitable from birth so no need to buy carrycots or a separate pram. i absolute love it and despite it being quite pricey, they sell second hand for nearly two thirds of the retail price so could be an investment. we compared this to the Out and About Nipper, the i-candy peach blossom and the Easy Walker and this is by far the best.

Give NIgel at Twins-Store a call as he is brilliant and really helpful with choosing twin buggies. you also get 10% discount if you are a TAMBA member.

Nx
  • Just thought id say that we had the Nipper with the Phil and Teds cocoons and, although the Nipper is suitable from birth, the cocoons made me feel happier about them being in it. They were in the cocoons till they were 4 months and they were so cosy. I loved them. The Nipper fits through most doors. Im not sure how wide it is, but I can get it through my normal sized front door. Also, its CHEAP!
  • il have a look at the mountain buggy image thankyou ... also i want a pram that fits into the car boot okay!! we have an MG ZR although we are conteplating getting a bigger car and a 5 door we only have a 3 door at the moment and they have only been in the car 3 times and its such a tight squeeze getting them in and out!! ahh ile have another look at the nipper and see if i can find out how wide it is!!
    argh why is it so difficult shoosing a pram?? :lol:
    xxxxx
  • Just a quickie to say that I saw an advert in this month's Mother and Baby mag for the Britax - Dual and it says that both seats are suitable from newborn xx
  • aww thankyou il take another look at it and see if there is a shop close to me has one for me to try out image xx
  • I have the Easywalker Duowalker and I love it - I think it is 77cm wide and fits through most doors - I used the adaptors to attach my two car seats until my two were 10 months old and it is only now I have converted it into an actual buggy. My two look so comfortable in it. It is on the pricey side but I believe a good investment. The only downside is it is quite big folded down. It however fits in my little Vauxhall Meriva but wont fit in my husbands Volvo.
  • I had the graco dua and it is one in front of the other as the side by side ones the twins just looked swamped although its heavy to push it is a fair price and ive found the best prices for multiple buggies on kiddicare.com image Im not much help as i just dont like the side by side buggies but if your willing to have tandems mosat arent suitable from birth as front seat is usually 3 or 6 month plus but you can get the car seats, or carrycots to go on the pushchair and even with two carseats and two babies it wasnt overly heavy for a double and i could manouvre round the town and up curbs and on public transport with relatively little hassle which is good for a double buggy! Kiddicare website is defo good as it is clearly explained if it is suitable from birth etc.....hope you find what your looking for soon image xxx
  • thankyou for your replies i still havent found one :roll: i think im going to have a really good look around this week!!
    il have a look on kiddiecare.com i know t sometimes has some really good offers on.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx