Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Baby or Toddler??

Hey guys,
im having a nightmare doing shopping for xmas and birthday for the girls. I mean they are at an awkward age really! They are almost 1 so are they classed as babies or toddlers will the 6-12mnth stuff be no good for them now? Or will the 1-3 catogary be too much! I mean i can not see Ella or Ruby sitting playing princesses in the pink castle any time soon...unless it involves throwing it around the room they arent interestested. They have had all the baby gyms and activity centres...do i now maybe start getting them educational stuff from say leap frog or more walkers and activity tables. i need some goood presents for b-day and xmas and bday is on FRIDAY so not much time left eep! I mean they have little things already new clothes a cuddly toy and activity boards for in the cot and an activity bar to go over them in the pushchair cuz they are getting bored in the buggy and tend to hit each other as a source of amusment image lol! I may put either the cot or buggy activity thing away for xmas i dunno! I mean once they hit 12months are they classed as toddlers not babies??
Im gunna have a serious scout around online tonight so any advice/ideas appreciated.
xxx

Replies

• Hey, scuse the gatecrash but my lo's birthday is just before christmas too so I can sympathise with the difficulties in so many presents close together and the age range stuff.

I can highly recommend the ELC's happyland range. Both my son and my goddaugther got some for their first birthday and Iv'e been buying it my son throughout the year (son is almost 2, goddaughter almost 18 months) and both kids happyland is well played with. Goddaughters elder brother and sister (3 &5) play with both kids happyland too and its wearing well so far and my goddaugther even sulks on the days the happyland isn't out to play with lol.

Its at an age range from 18 months but my son played with his from 1 - although he's played more as he got older, and my goddaughter was playing with my sons happyland from about 7 or 8 months old (she wasn't interested in much before she had her op cause she was in too much pain to play but afterwards she quite happily chewed all his people lol)

I've found that its better to go up over the actual age range rather than below - my son got some 6-12 month stuff for christmas last year and he didn't really play with it much and its now put away in the pre-christmas clearout. The stuff that was meant for bit older kids or stuff we thought he was too young for we put away and gradually brought it out through the year - worked well as a distraction on grumpy rainy days!

Don't know if you have your lo's registered in teh elc birthday club for 20% off but if not and you are buying stuff from there I have just got a 10% off discount code you can have if you want

• Our girls are 6 months old but I've asked for things that they'll grow into over the next few months.
    Some stuff I looked at was just too old for them and will be better for their birthday but will be OK for your girls.
    What about wooden puzzles? A rocker or ride-on toy for outside in the summer? Fisher Price do a lovely tea set, cookie jar and handbag?

xx
  • Hey guys
    Thanks for the advice image
    Had a good look last night and went shopping today!
    Got them my forst walkers for their birthday each!
    A rock n ride zebra between them for xmas (thinking of space as much as anything) My friend scout each for birthday you can record personal names and stuff to help development and that image Got a light show for the bedroom as they are getting bored at nap time and just talking to each other where as this may send them to sleep soothe them to calm them down a little bit lol!
    I also found this photo album its plastic made for kids and you can record personal messages onto the page with the photograph and the baby presses a button to hear the voice it helps with association and stuff! So they have one of those each for xmas! Lookin at toddler swings for the garden as they love being outside image
    My mum is getting them another activity table for older kids took the advice of going above the age range! I'm going to look in early learning centre tomorrow at that range if they love it that much lol! I never really thought of ELC dunno why lol! I guess they cater more for toddlers than babies lol! I dunno what the girls will be getting off everyone else but i do know they will be getting spoilt rotten!
    Having a tea party on friday image Im sooo excited but cant believe they will be one its just dissapeared this year! This time last year i was all prepared for a relaxing xmas before they arrived (i was sure they were gunna be really late lol) Ha not what they had planned lol! I was still working this time last year lol! The girls are so big now and so independent once their walking that will be it! Im waiting for their first word lol! Ive had babbles but not much else! There language is a little delayed because of 2 reasons....they are early and their cognitive age is actually only 10months rather than 11 and they are twins so are generally slower at some milestones hence why it took so long for them to sit they were 7month before they sat unaided and almost 10month before they crawled now they are pulling themselves up and alsorts! They have their twin talk but thats it! The GP isnt concerned he said in the next few weeks they will say their first proper word image It has to be mama or ill cry lol! Anyway that was a deviation haha! Thanks for the suggestions image xxx
  • Hi, what dates your girls birthday? mine are very similar age (11 months this month before xmas), born 21st Jan.

Sorry this will be bit brief, but girls are at my legs...lol.

I've gone for mainly things aimed at 1-3yrs, i've bought a lot of fisher prices 1st toys, ie: 1st handbag, teaset, book etc and some sit and ride things!

Girls already have 1st walkers and activity table, which i would recommenced for sure!! My girls not far of walking, so thats why they have these already.

Em, x
  • My girls are ONE YEARS OLD today image
    My two are just lazy lol and arent interested in walking hoping that the walkers and the ride on cars off nanna will encourage them lol! See post for details of their ist birthday xx
  • Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x