Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what are the chances of having another set of twins?????

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering what would be the chances of me having twins again i would love to hear from people who had more than 1 set of twins. My twin girls are now 13 weeks old i thinks (lost track of time lol) they were born at 38 weeks on the 17 november their due date was 1st december. i have pnd at the moment on what i call my happy pills too. i have a 16 month old daughter too they seem to think cos i suffered with pnd wheni had my daughter i never totally got oveer it the first time round with me catching on with my twins so quick after my daughter. For some reason i thought after i had the twins that my body would tell me that i wouldnt want any more and i would think my family would be complete, but its not telling me that i feel like i want more children, and that my family doesnt feel complete as i would like a boy but not just 1 boy i would love to have twin boys i feel so ungrateful for feeling like this i love my children to bits and love having. but i am also scared of what people with think of me if i done have another baby. i arent planning on having anymore for at least another 4-5 years as i now have the implant in my arm. did anyone else feel like this????:\?

Replies

• Options
    I dont feel like this at the moment - but I didnt ever really want twins in the first place. Dont get me wrong - I wouldnt give up my boys for the WORLD but I was gutted when we first found out and it took me a while to get used to the idea.

Are your girls identical? The chances of having another set of identical twins are the same as the chances of having the first set...quite slim. However, if your girls are non identical the chances are raised as there is a reason why your body has produced 2 eggs. I hope that makes sense.

Noone will think bad of you for having another baby. Its your choice and yours alone. We have decided we will try for another in a few years time. My boys are identical so im no morelikely to have another set of twins this time round.

Congrats on your girls hun xxx
  • Options
    Hi!

I have been pregnant with twins 3 times, although I have only given birth to 1 set. I have also had 2 single pregnancies. I have 3 year old twins, a 2 year old daughter and am expecting my 4th in August. No-one can judge you for having (or not having) more children. It is your decision only.
  • Options
    If it's in your family (non-id twins) i've been told by my GP that it is a 1 in 80 chance of having another set.

Anyone can have identical twins

I would possibly like another baby when my two are 4 ish but not sure i'd like another set of twins... so we might be sticking where we are!

xx
  • Options
    don think any1 will judge u cos its all down to u n no 1else as long as u r happy n can cope. i hav a 3yr old, a 15mon old n 3wks old twin boys. my 1st 2 r girls n no1 has really made bad commments bout d age gap jus people been nosey bout how i cope n i let them no am happy n copin ndon care wot people think