Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

I feel like a beach ball...

I am just over 23 weeks, and starting to get so uncomfortable.. I seem to wake in the morning, and have just doubled in size. I said to my hubby this morning that I feel now, how I did when I was about 36 weeks with my son. I wake myself up every night choking on acid. Once I am awake I can then feel girls jumping around and can't get back to sleep... Heaven forbid, how many weeks do I have to get through still, and no doubt I am going to get bigger still (alot)!! Really can't wait for my little fairies to come. How are the rest of you keeping? Anyone starting to feel the same way?

Replies

• I'm just 15 weeks and am already really uncomfortable - I get really bad heart burn when I lie down or bend over and get breathless even walking upstairs, which is a pain because I live in a flat and my washing machine is downstairs! Moving during my sleep wakes me up because it's such a struggle, I almost have to heave my boobs and belly over to the other side with my hands before rolling the rest of my body over - a manouver that inevitably wakes hubby up! Then I'm awake between 5 and 6 needing the loo which wakes the dog up, and he thinks that as soon as he's awake it's time to go for a walk!

The funniest thing is that I keep forgetting that my boobs and bump have grown so much! I still try to squeeze through gaps in shops and between cars, etc, only to get stuck or have to walk around another way, and I keep hitting my boobs with my elbows when I try to wash my face in the shower! I've never been more than a small A cup before so this is a huge shock to me and is causing all sorts of problems getting comfortable at night!

I've got a bit down about it at times - I knew it was going to happen but thought it would happen more slowly and I would have more time to get used to it, instead it seems to have happened almost overnight - and I get bigger throughout the day, which makes me worry when I get up in the morning and don't feel so big! I know this is because my stomach has emptied, etc, but I still check my bump is still there every morning when I wake up!