Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

how many scans? x

hi girls i am expecting mc/da idenitical twins and so far have had scans at 12, 16, 18 and told will have 20, 22,and 24 week ones!

do you know if i will continue having them every 2 weeks after 24 weeks or will it depend on what the docs has to say?

got 20 week scan next weds and cant wait as going to start buying things then!!! took the day off work!!

thanks
love xlittlemissx
18+6
xxxx

[Modified by: xlittlemissx on 13 May 2009 16:44:02 ]

Replies

• Hi, its all dependant on the growth of the twins and if there is any sign of twin to twin transfusion. I had them fortnightly from 16 weeks and then weekly from 32 weeks as they were concerned i was early stage TTS and then i had them at 35 weeks exactly.

xxDBxx
  • Ive been told that ill have one at 16 weeks (next week at 16 + 6), 19 weeks, 22 weeks, then every 2 weeks after that until I deliver, unless theres a problem and theyll scan me more often. I think it varies depending on the hospital, as do many many other things!!

Gemma 15 + 6
  • thank girls! i am sure i will find out next week at my 20 week scan!! woo hoo cant wait for weds!!
    how are you gemmiebaby? how is the bleeding now?
    xxx
  • i was having non id and i was having them every 4wks,i was really dissapointed at i was going to have a scan at 32wks and was really looking forward to seeing them on screen again but they had other ideas and decided to be 9 wks early

sarah
  • Urgh...bleeding still hasnt stopped, although it is all brown but head wont let me back until I know whats going on in there and went to hospital yesterday on midwifes advice and they were useless. Said he would listen to the heartbeat, put the doppler on and told me that was babies heartbeat - it was MINE! Was a absolute farce! So, have another appointment with consultant and scan next Thursday so going to wait and ask lots of questions then.

How are you? Cant believe your nearly 20 weeks, but then im 16 tomorrow and have been discussing maternity leave today!

xxx
  • hi gemmie. i am sure everything is absolutely fine hun and you will get to see that babies are nice and healthy next week at scan. i just cant believe the faffing about you have had with the hospital, i read your post a couple of days ago.

I am fine thank you. 20 weeks on thursday, it really is flying by! got 20 week scan on weds!!

When are you thinking of going on maternity leave?

I have provisionally agreed with work to leave on 1st august when i will be just over 30 weeks and have 4 weeks annual leave, then start maternity leave at nearly 35 weeks! it will soon be here! arghh!!
    xxx
  • Ive been quite lucky with maternity leave actually. I have tried to keep in contact with school as im still not allowed back. Im hoping ill get the ok from the consultant next week as head is worried about letting me back as we dont know whats happening. I think, if we knew babies were fine and bleeding might not stop, he would be keener to take me back but its a total no go at the moment!

Anyway, went in to see him yesterday and he said about sorting maternity leave. I finish for the summer on 19th July and I originally wanted to go back for a week after the summer but head has said he would rather I didnt as ill be 33 weeks then and he thinks that will be too late (he has non id twins who are now 24 but they were born at 31 weeks so hes being careful). So, I will actually finish work on 19th July but my maternity leave wont start until the 3rd September! I was really pleased as everyone has been talking on here about beginning mat leave with annual holiday but I dont get the choice when my annual holiday is (!) so ill actually finish at 26 weeks, but mat leave wont start until 33 weeks.

I cant wait till next Thursday as, although I keep telling myself im not worried, im actually petrified that something is wrong! I cant sleep and keep bursting into tears. I cant find any info, from mw, gynae consultants, internet etc for anyone who is still bleeding as every thing leads towards bleeding for a few days, not nearly 4 weeks! I would love some answers and im hoping the consultant can give me them, and put our minds at rest. Sorry, got a bit teary there!!!

Anyway, so pleased you are nearly at 20 weeks! Have you bought much yet? Other than nursery furniture (Ikea trip!) we havent bought anything big, but we have bought lots and lots of small bits.

Gemma 16 weeks today xxx
  • It depends on the individual hun. I had them every 2 weeks from 12 weeks due to medication I was taking. Then from 28 to 32 I had one scan, now i'm having them every 2 weeks (34+1 today).

My two are growing very well though, same rate as single babies would so i'm worried exactly how big i'm gonna get now! :lol:

xx