Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Update on twins

Max and Milo are doing well, Max is still on 2hr feeds of 27 ml but has gone up from 3lb15 to 4lb3 Milo is on 3hr feeds of 40ml and has gone from 4lb to 4lb5. I suffering from Mastitis and havent seen the boys since Sunday due to not feeling well and the trip down to see them is 1 1/2 hours away. Still expressing every 4 hours and getting over 200ml off each time for them. Hubby saw them today and said they have definately put on some fat and is bringing some pictures back with him. Miss them so much, but still have a 13 month old to look after as well, although he is at Childminder today so hubby can work and I can rest. Does anyone have any good websites for premature babies, ie how different are they from full term babies etc.

Replies

• Hey you...

I don't know about any other websites but wanted to say hi and say its great that Max and Milo are gaining weight... I bet your heart is breaking isn't it, not being well enough to go and see them?? I completely understand though, I felt like s**t after I had Saul...

You need to rest after your section, so its great that Luke is at the childminder and Leon is in seeing the twins...

My belly is so heavy now, I measured it yesterday and its 46.5" around!!! OMG!!! I'm now 28+2 and am struggling... The thought of going another 10 weeks is a nightmare... I don't think my back will ever recover!!!

Anyway, take care and keep the new photo's coming...

Sara xxx
  • Will be seeing babies on Friday so will email you with pics etc. Hope you OK know exactly how you feel, but keep them cooking for as long as possible.
  • Its great to hear there doing well and gaining weight. Nice to hear the update. Look after yourself and get that rest. x
  • Hi Soda
    My girls were 7 & a half weeks premature & 3lbs 8oz each. I found BLISS very good for information. It's a premature baby charity & they have quite a few useful publications. Try http://www.bliss.org.uk/

Well done on the expressing. I could only manage 20mls each time so had to give up eventually which I was sad about.

Cheers
    Emma x