Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

15 weeks pregnant with twins

Hi eveybody

I was told my next scan is the 20 week scan, but other people with multiples seem to have a 16 week scan. Is this normal?

Caz

Replies

• Options
    Hi Caz,

I have a scan every 2 weeks, but then I think it depends on what type of twins you are carrying. I know mine are monochorionic, and therefore a higher risk pregnancy. Do you know what yours are? If not, maybe give your midwife a ring, and ask her if you can be scanned sooner for piece of mind. Goodluck.
  • Options
    I found out at 6 weeks that I was having triplets. Saw the midwife at 9 weeks for my booking appointment and she didn't know that it was a multiple! I've just been sent an appointment to see the consultant in just over a week (by which thime I'll be almost 13 weeks), but still don't know when my next scan will be..... The midwife said that because I had 2 early scans, then I might not have one at 12 weeks, which I thought was a bit odd since triplet preganancies are regarded as high risk.

There doesn't seem to be any set procedure that's followed. If they think you need more regular scans then you'll have them, but some NHS trusts only start scanning more regularly later on in the pregnancy to monitor growth.

I'm really ready to have another scan now - My sickness and tiredness are starting to pass and I'm really worried that things aren't right, even though I'm not in any pain or anything, it seems like ages since I saw my babies last!
  • Options

Hi all when i found out i was having twins when i was 6 wks i was told that i would have to go to the what they call a twin clinic every 4 wks starting from my 12 wks till i have them ive got my 16 wks and 20 wks scan appointment already booked.