Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

prop feeding

hiya all.
has anyone who bottle feed their double troubles - prop fed them?
my mom thinks i should be able to do it now... i just feed one while the other has a good scream....
as my twins are 5 weeks i think their necks mite not be strong enough to cope prop feeding what do you think?

Replies

• From the day I left hospital I fed them together, my boys had a bottle last thing at night and i would feed them on a E Z to Nurse twins inflatable feeding cushion, it designed to be suitable for twins from birth. It fits round you like any normal cushion but because it is inflatable you can inflate it to the right squashiness to support them, you can also wind them on it, there are instructions in the box. I bought it froms twins.uk website and it was one of the best investments. I sold in on ebay and got just over half of the price back so i was pleased. they retail new for about ??35.

I agree that it is nice to spend time with them individually but i found the crying hard to deal with and still really enjoyed having both cuddling near me and feeding contendly. xxDBxx
  • I agree , you have to do whatever works best for you, there is no right way, just whats best for you. xxDBxx
  • mmmmm.....
    thank you guys!
    i will have to a bit of internet shopping i think then!

the main reason for this prop feeding thing for me is my adorable 2 year old tends to man handle the other screaming twin. My hands are full with the bottle and baby and i can't really fend her off.
    it would be so much easier to fed both at same time - then have hands free to occupy my terrible two!
    at the moment i keep spotting DIPSY (from the teletubbies) walking past our window. This immeadiatly makes her run like a mad thing, but not sure how long she will fall for this!
  • Hey bunty nothing to do with this subject (sorry) no experience as yet, but just a quick question. Do you think any type of cosytoe will fit the powertwin. Hubby collecting a second hand powertwin tomorrow from Aberdeen, but it without cosytoes. Just wondering if say I got the ones from Mothercare own would they fit OK. Hope you all OK, had a scan yesterday I 25+3 but they measuring 27 weeks luckily they were testing out a different machine and I was luckily enough to get a 4D scan and I got to see them in all there glory!?!?. Not long at work now only a few more shifts. Speak v soon.
  • Hey DB - Not sure if you'll check this post again, but I just bought a E-Z twin feeding cushion as I really want to feed them at the same time too.
    Any tips for this? I know im a long way off yet, lol. x

Emma 12+6
  • whats prop feeding?

excuse my ignorance